Toilet Arrived!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schwoebs

Reaction score
Now things get real!

Toilet1.jpg

Not every group of folks would want to see a toilet unboxing picture...  My first thought, "Don't lose the keys!" :) 

Thetford cassette toilet with the swiveling bowl, manual flush, and completely independent 'fresh' water tank plus the cassette.  Will be at the back of the van attached to plywood with cassette removable out a back door.

Definitely not the cheapest option, but space flexible and doesn't need to be hooked up to water or electrical systems.

Attachments

• Toilet1.jpg
    Toilet1.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 51
my question would be, what are the keys for? I could try to make a joke about, but I will refrain. highdesertranger

What did that set you back Schwoebs?

I did a quick look, that's a mini diamond! lol

Like that one better than thetford I bought, wish I had seen those. Oh well...at least I saved some money.

I see the appeal for those wishing to have some sort of "normal" familiar devices with a locking lid you best not lose those keys. Test of time we would like a month later assessment. Thanks for sharing.
I like the well placed beer can.

The outside access to remove the waste tank has keys... Why someone would want to steal that! Won't need them with the opening rear door method.

Schwoebs said:
The outside access to remove the waste tank has keys... Why someone would want to steal that! Won't need them with the opening rear door method.

Answer - peanut size brain vandals looking to inconvenience you and waste your time: that would do it!

Does that have an elongated seat? Hard to tell but looks like it.

Ahhhh, the smell of a brand new toilet akin to the smell of a brand new car. But once it is used for the first time all bets are off.