To beard or not to beard? That is the question.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother looked a lot like him, too :)

Is your business taking you to bike week in Daytina this year?

Funny stuff!

I rock a Vandyke (mustache + part beard) and use a Phillips Norelco to keep it at a level 3 guard level. I switched to a safety razor that I bought on Amazon for the rest of my face. I can buy around a hundred blades for $20 or 10 blades for $1.50 if I'm around a military base.  I then treat it to a dab of olive and coconut oil to keep it soft as a kitten.

Mileage may differ,
John

Konaexpress said:
Funny stuff!

I rock a Vandyke (mustache + part beard) and use a Phillips Norelco to keep it at a level 3 guard level. I switched to a safety razor that I bought on Amazon for the rest of my face. I can buy around a hundred blades for $20 or 10 blades for $1.50 if I'm around a military base.  I then treat it to a dab of olive and coconut oil to keep it soft as a kitten.

Mileage may differ,
John

I shave my head with a safety razor. I'm curious what you mean about buying the blades around a military base, as my stock of Feather blades is just about out and I haven't stayed anywhere long enough to mail order more. The few times I've found some at department stores they have been crap quality blades, worse than modern throwaway razors. Do you know of somewhere to get decent double edge blades at a brick and mortar location?

Rugster said:
Is your business taking you to bike week in Daytina this year?

Nope...me & my beard are gonna hafta wait until next year. (How's that for staying on topic?? :D )

I'm not doing ANYTHING until my hot-rod truck is done, and I need it done by the end of may for a National Truck Convention.
but that's the thing...once it's done, I'll be open to traveling BIG TYME again!!! :D Woo-Hoo!!!

TMG51 said:
I shave my head with a safety razor. I'm curious what you mean about buying the blades around a military base, as my stock of Feather blades is just about out and I haven't stayed anywhere long enough to mail order more. The few times I've found some at department stores they have been crap quality blades, worse than modern throwaway razors. Do you know of somewhere to get decent double edge blades at a brick and mortar location?

I haven't seen blades in a normal store in forever. If you can get on base, they have a generic brand of blade that is made in Israel that is not too bad. They are around $1.50 for ten blades, I buy every one on the shelf when I go.

John

TMG51 said:

Try a Sally's Beauty Supply.  That is where I get my moustache wax.  They list the blades on line.