Thunder Shirt!!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1oleman

Reaction score
I don't normally endorse any products,but, we have been living in our class C for the past two months with our 8 yo min poodle.  She has severe problems with other dogs.  After we got the Thunder Shirt we are able to walk her and enjoy being around her. Would suggest anyone try this for anxiety in their pet.

I have to second this. &nbsp;Unfortunately I didn't find this product until a few weeks before my toy poodle died. &nbsp;He was very high strung and would whine and pant and put himself into a state anytime we drove with him. &nbsp;With the thundershirt he was calm. &nbsp;It was seriously like a switch. &nbsp;<br /><br />I will say, though, if anyone does get one of these...follow the instructions and first put it on your dog at home in a calm environment so that they can associate good feelings with it.. then when you have that stressful time and put it on the calm feelings transfer better. &nbsp;What I mean is that when we first bought it, I was impatient and put it on him right away and it didn't seem to do anything. &nbsp;But then we followed directions and boy what a difference.

YEP! My little one was like a new dog the first time she rode in a car with the thundershirt. She actually wanted to stick her nose in the crack of the window to smell the air, instead of whinying and trying to get in my lap while I was driving, the whole ride! It's drug free, and her reaction was so strong, that it was as if I had gotten her anxiety medicine. They say it's only good for 80% of dogs...but why not try it?

It has helped with my dog's anxiety and I recommend it.&nbsp; He is still fearful of loud noises, like fireworks, shotgun [duck hunters just over the hill from our house] or thunder.&nbsp; He does feel more secure, though, riding in the RV.

OH, they have them for cats, too! Cats may not be as used to clothes, but some definitely hate car trips!

Wow!!! I had no idea anything like this was available. Learn so much reading others postings. Thanks for this one, my girl is super friendly most of the time but some dogs she just has instant resentment of and it never changes with her once she has them on her bad dog list she always feels that way...i hope this will help. Thanks for your ideas.

I've heard nothing but good things about it. After studying cattle behavior, animal behaviorist Temple Grandin actually designed something similar for herself, in the form of a stationary device, that she installed in her own dorm room to help deal with her autism.