Thoughts on Holiday Rambler

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemini1771

Reaction score
Hi all- I’m looking at a 2003 Holiday Rambler Traveler 28RB. I like the layout, but I can’t find any reviews on the model that talk about quality/ issues. Any thoughts? I will full time/ boondock. Thanks!!!

I’ve looked at older Holiday Ramblers and almost bought a restored one. They were built heavy and had some plastic pieces that deteriorate over the years but other than that it looked pretty well built. I believe they had a pretty good support group of owners you might check with. I decided it weighed more than I wanted to pull but then again it had had some water leaks as well so I didn’t buy it. They used to have sort of a fan club type group of followers.

Holiday Rambler made top-of-the-line TTs and motorhomes. They always had the nicest hardware, cabinetry, and upholstery. They were considerably more expensive than everybody else (except Airstream, of course), but back in the day they were just about the best you could buy.

They were heavy, though. We bought one, 28 ft or so, at an RV show in the winter of 1969. But when we went to pull it out of the dealership with our Pontiac Tempest station wagon, we could barely make it out of the parking lot. I had to go home and weld a trailer hitch onto my B-model Mack and come back and pick it up. Fortunately, the Mack got the job done.

Nice trailer, though. We lived in it for a couple of years.

Johnny

I have a 2007 Holiday Rambler 29ft Travel Trailer and because of that, I have seen and talked to many people over the past 10 years with older Holiday Rambler Motorhomes, 5th wheels and travel trailers on the road.  All have been in really great condition with minimal problems, as they were built exceptionally well. My trailer is built extremely well and I wouldn't trade it for new!  That floorplan you are looking at is really cool - like the Safari Trek - which I've also seen a number of and people are very happy with those as well.  Just my two cents regarding a brand that obviously did a good job on their builds and a floorplan that is well liked.  Let us know if you take the plunge!!

Thank you all for your input! We're holding off for the moment- the rig is far away (we'd have to fly to see it) so we'll keep an eye out for a similar one that's closer for now. Thanks!!

...strike!...while the iron....is Hot...

bullfrog said:
I’ve looked at older Holiday Ramblers and almost bought a restored one. They were built heavy and had some plastic pieces that deteriorate over the years but other than that it looked pretty well built. I believe they had a pretty good support group of owners you might check with. I decided it weighed more than I wanted to pull but then again it had had some water leaks as well so I didn’t buy it. They used to have sort of a fan club type group of followers.
Hi Bullfrog...

The Traveler is a very unique model. It is basically a Safari Trek with slightly cheaper materials.  In 2002 Safari was purchased by Monoco and they rebranded the trek for the Holiday line...

If you have any questions about the model etc... ask..  ;)

Latest posts