THIS is why I'm parked for now

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stargazer

Reaction score
Yesterday was Gramma Mikey Day. He's 2 3/4 years old.  I pick him up on Tuesday afternoons, he spends the night with me in my fifth wheel at this great RV park, and on Wednesday evening I return him home, bathed and in his jammies.  This has been the new routine for several weeks now.

There is no tub in my RV, just the typical small corner shower with the frosted glass door and the hand held shower head.  Now the water heater is six gallons and the grey tank is 40+ gallons so I figured he'd run out of hot water long before the tank would fill.  Last evening, he's taking his shower, I'm sitting on the toilet just monitoring things, and I hear him say, "I'm filling it up!"  He said it several times and I wondered what he was filling up because there are no toys in there with him.  So I open the shower door and peek in and he's sitting in about 3" of water -- the shower pan is almost full!  I realize the gray tank is full, tell him "Mikey, turn the water off!" (The hand held thing has an on off switch on it), he says, "No Gramma!  I'm filling it up! See?" As he splashes around in his now almost full to overflowing shower!  I hit the water switch to off, dash outside, open the dump valve on the gray tank and dash back in.  No harm done but he was sitting there trying to figure out what happened; he was so pleased to have been "filling it up" and I felt like a real Killjoy!  I explained but don't know if he understood or not.

He continues his shower, and now I'm opening the shower door more often, keeping a closer eye on things.  He doesn't like that because it lets the cold air into his warm shower but tough stuff kiddo, fool me once, right?  I open the door and he says, "Gramma!  Close the door! I got a stiffy!"  Yep, he sure did!  I just said, "you sure do", and closed the door.

Will I eventually get another van and hit the road? Maybe, but for now, I wouldn't miss this for the world!