There's no entertainment category in the forum

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobilesport

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how to watch Netflix on a tablet or tv .
I was thinking about getting a Roku tv and a Mofi broadband internet antenna and a $65 a month phone card 
but the small print says they slow down after using 22gb.

Maybe get a big tablet but I don't know how to get internet on a tablet .
It's been a long time since I've seen any shows /movies

Do you have a smartphone? If so you can get Hulu or Netflix or Amazon prime streaming on your smartphone. They're all fairly cheap. Hulu was less than $7/mo, Amazon prime video is included in a prime membership (maybe you already have a membership?), not sure what a Netflix streaming service costs nowdays (maybe someone else has one and will chime in with details).

That's what I do. It took me approximately 20 min to get used to watching "tv" on such small screen. Now it is just normal. If ya think about it, a smart phone held at arm's length takes up about the same amount of your field of vision as a big TV on the other side of the room.

I have an unlimited cell plan, so I don't end up being charged extra for data usage.

Best of luck,
~angie

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

I have a Smart phone and use Straight talk , i really want at least a 10 inch screen though .
I believe Netfix is around $13 a month with no ads , maybe $8 a month with ads.

B and C said:
If you have a tv, you can mirror your android smartphone to the larger tv screen with this Dongle.
I bought one of them from Best buy last month but then returned it , it would drop out on me sometimes.
I read the reviews and they seemed really good , I might give it a second try , part of the problem might of been me being paranoid about losing money if it didn't work out for the long haul
One review mentioned that if you bump the cable it will drop out , maybe that was my problem

I have one like I posted but never had a problem with it. My TV hangs on the wall on a swing arm and I haven't bumped the USB power cable (I plug that into the USB port on the TV) or the dongle. All connections are on the rear of the TV.

There is a section for it, that section is called "Communication" The broadcasting companies are communicating with you and also your device is sending signals to communicate with them.

There are quite a few discussions about the various devices people like to use, how to boost and amplify signals, what antennas work best, what the good plans and companies are, etc.

I've been watching Vietnam war stories on YouTube.
I hooked up a line in cable from my phone to my car stereo to get the audio/sound to play through the speakers ,, much better , it would still be better with a little bigger screen

B and C said:
If you have a tv, you can mirror your android smartphone to the larger tv screen with this Dongle.
Another good thing about that dongle is it projects the audio to the tv too and so if you run rca cables from tv to a car stereo you'll have awesome sound to go with your bigger screen ..
cant wait to get something setup
I think the big question now is Smart Tv or tablet