Theadyn's van and trip log

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't written much lately because there isn't much to write about.

Wrist is doing much better, thankfully. I've gotten my fill of Netflix and the internet whilst healing, hehe.

Still unsure about the job thing. Parents would like me to stick around here near them after daughters house sells, but seriously, there is NOTHING here (there's a lot of people hurting in this area).

Technically, I am vandwelling, as I am living out of my van in her driveway. Everything is in there, me and the pooch sleep in there. We come into the house during the day where we have showers and internet. And, I can keep her house clean and ready for any viewings. Oh, and let the doggy run around in the fenced backyard, haha.

Although I am unsure about the job thing at the moment, I have had some offers about living situation once this house sells. I have my van, of course, which my parents would let me park in their driveway until I figure something else out. They also have a tiny little camper with A/C hooked up should it get too unbearably hot. They also offered me their spare room.

What was interesting was they also offered to drive to south Texas to get their other small travel trailer and bring it up here for me to park somewhere to live in, free. It's nothing fancy or big, but it's got the basics in it. Put at an RV park and working locally, it's an option. I'd still be able to keep my van for travel, and my little car for getting back and forth to work.

I did get another offer for a trip with the jerky plant owner, soon he said. Not Vegas this time, darnit, lol. Either Georgia or on a cruise, not sure yet. On our way back from Vegas we did talk about what type of position I may have at the plant. At the time, he said he didn't need anyone working in the plant (what I was doing when I pushed my wrist too far, just filling in for someone temporarily), but wasn't sure yet what my position would be until after he got the expansion complete. Well, the expansion is almost complete. Hence, his want to go on a trip somewhere soon. Of course, he wants to take his favorite traveling buddy, haha. (quit thinking that! he's 71, we just get along great). So... hopefully a possible different job at the jerky plant is still out there?? I don't know. That would actually be good, cause that would still come with the 5th wheel to live in.

But for now, my daughter and son-in-law are coming to town for the weekend (yay!). And next weekend, I'm going with my high school bestie on her birthday to OKC to see a concert at an amusement park, her treat. Yeah, yeah, I know!! Her birthday, she still wants to pay. Insists, actually, tax return, lol. Uhhh... okay!! Two days in OKC with a crazy chick, roller coasters and Skillet, per her request. Twist my arm, yo!

Things will work out as they should, will check in as things unfold. :)

Glad to see you still have a positive attitude. The one great thing about having a mobile living space is you don't have to be tied to anything permanently. You could spend some time with your parents, maybe living in the trailer with AC while there, then travel with the Jerky Plant gentleman, then do something entirely different for a bit. You're in a really good place it seems, where you have some freedom in your choices. As my one son says "I see no reason to have a full time career right now, and give up my freedom". At 23 I think he's figured out the life he wants to live better than some of us more than twice his age. He still works and supports himself, but he does it when and where he wants. lives cheaply, and saves his money so he can travel when he wants. He has just hit 1 month in Baja and plans to spend another couple weeks heading back to the border, before finding some more seasonal work. Best wishes, and remember, it's your life and only you get to decide what is best for you.