The Value of Time

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaning how to save:
"Hassle, time, paperwork, hair-tearing-out and yes, especially dollars."
By not working to save on little things that may or may not add up,
Being Pound-wise and Penny-foolish,
Stepping over pennies to pick up dollars,
Treating finances like a business,
Growing rich in money, options AND free time,
and working %10-30% more to not have to work to save those dollars (time cost prohibitively).

Raven+Squid said:
Just out of curiosity, why do you refer to yourself as "boi"? Why only this word?

Just curious.

From http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boi:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boi&defid=703061
boi  
1. in the lesbian community, a young transgendered/androgynous/masculine person who is biologically female and presents themselves in a young, boyish way; a boidyke; often also identifies as genderqueer.

2. in the gay community, a young gay man;

3. in the BDSM community, someone who presents themselves in a young, boyish way and is usually a bottom/submissive;

4. an alternate spelling of boy often used by young teenage boys.
1. J doesn't feel like s/he fits the mold of any one gender. S/he presents hirself in a young, boyish manner, and hir appearance in quite androgynous/masculine. S/he's a boi.

2. J is a young, masculine gay male who presents himself in a boyish manner. He's a boi.

3. Daddy's boi and/or Mommy's boi.

4. My teenage brother and his friends often refer to themselves as "skater bois"

Not here.  Not anymore.

Every time we do you ridicule us and belittle our efforts.  

Take some time, and learn how to be a value to society (and yourself) as more than a pedal cab driver.  

Community College is your friend.

Using your time wisely is one way...like getting that old van out of the driveway rather than playing around on the web.

Get some schooling and go to work in a trade that will make you some money. You seem to be the inventive sort so anything working with your hands and mind would be good as long as it keeps you interested.

I think a lot about this now.
The correct choice saves hours and years of lost and wasted time.
I am so proud of my 2 vehicles ( car and minivan) through the years I have converted into quality mini-RV's.
Besides a pet, It has been the only material thing I have ever owned, long term that was worth my time and effort.

gsfish said:
Any time you can multitask on necessary chores you save that time, things like..... brushing your teeth while you are in the bathroom sitting on the pot anyway.

Guy

I am speechless, and I don't even have a toothbrush in my mouth.

gcal said:
I am speechless, and I don't even have a toothbrush in my mouth.

I brush my teeth and shave in the shower.  I get the best shave if I lather up, brush my teeth then rinse and lather again, then shave.

Remember, even if it doesn't cost you anything monetarily (fuel and "wear and tear" costs) to travel across town to save 50 cents on a can of soup; it is still costing you time.

+ Debit.servis
All of the time that you accumulate/save ,, What do you prefer to do with it?
I think about time In the same way , I value It more then money , I like to spend my time deep thinking about all of the possibilities like  what comes after death , what's out in space etc. Etc. Etc. 
Then I start worrying that maybe I'm wastng my time sitting around thinking when I could be out doing something productive.

With the hours I save not working to save a few bucks, I LIVE. As time can't be saved up like money can, time is NOT money. Spent time can't be earned back unlike spent money.

I am also a deep thinker, I don't consider it a waste of time at all.

It's your life.

gsfish said:
I'm not surprised by that.

I'm a bit of a deep thinker myself if I do say so. I felt that label was a good compromise between daydreamer and philosopher. At the moment I'm thinking I will get another beer.

Guy

Good thinking.

Be Frugal with Your Time, Not your money. If you aren't going into debt for it, spend your money buying back your time.

Latest posts