The Scrubba - clothes washing solution.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeeRevell said:
http://thescrubba.com/

Found this new gizmo mentioned on a tent-camping site I am a member of.  Anybody ever heard of it, or seen a review by an owner?  :huh:
It would certainly take up minimal room in the smallest vehicle!

After watching the video, I'm a fan!

I was considering this to take on my travels.. the reviews look mostly positive. :)

I like!!

A whole lot easier to use than a wringer and a scrub board!

I like it, too! I already have the plunger-type thingy, but this would also be nice. The price is the only thing holding me back...

LeeRevell said:
Yep, a bit pricey for a bag.  A guy on another form was of the opinion we might do as well using a dry-bag like the kayak folks use.

The dry bags are smooth inside whereas this one deliberately has an interior that acts like a scrubboard.

Good dry bags aren't cheap either!

If you're going to go the regular dry bag route you may as well just do one pair of socks and a pair of undies at a time in a regular gallon zip lock. A lot of the long distance hikers do their laundry that way until they can get to a Laundromat on a town day.

Lee, do you not enjoy using the Plunger Washer thingy?

This concept is just the opposite of my prime directive while being a snowbird in South Florida, which is to meet rich single cougars.

Coin operated public Laundromats are prefect places to meet women.

I go on a weekly basis even if I have little clothes that need to be washed and dried.

If I find one with fast free wireless internet that gives me access to 110 ac power in an upscale area that has a large cable flat screen that’s a bonus.

Mr.LooRead said:
This concept is just the opposite of my prime directive while being a snowbird in South Florida, which is to meet rich single cougars.

Coin operated public Laundromats are prefect places to meet women.

I go on a weekly basis even if I have little clothes that need to be washed and dried.

If I find one with fast free wireless internet that gives me access to 110 ac power in an upscale area that has a large cable flat screen that’s a bonus.

There's a flaw in your plan... What kind of rich, single cougar goes to a Laundromat?!

Cool idea, thanks for sharing!

If they would  make a few modifications like...
* 1 side of the bag black
*  the other side of the bag clear
* put a shower nozzle on the bottom
* add straps at the top for hanging
* make the above materials out of stuff not sensitive to the sun
you could then use it as a shower, washer, portable water purification and dry bag. Then it may be worth $100.

surfer said:
Cool idea, thanks for sharing!

If they would  make a few modifications like...
* 1 side of the bag black
*  the other side of the bag clear
* put a shower nozzle on the bottom
* add straps at the top for hanging
* make the above materials out of stuff not sensitive to the sun
you could then use it as a shower, washer, portable water purification and dry bag. Then it may be worth $100.

Unless you want the do everything kit including inflatable hangers, the wash bag itself is $55. US.

For the time being I'll stick to using a Laundromat for full loads of wash. I hate laundry days so I'd rather get it over quick...multiple washing machines, get it dry and get out of there.

But I have to warn ya, I'm not rich nor am I a cougar.... :D :D

One old camping trick is to take half a dozen of the dollar store scrubbers, and put them in a waterproof laundry bag with your soap and clothes, and then shake it good.  Works really well, and the scrubbers are like 6/$100 and they're good for so many other things too.  If you have a spot that needs extra attention you can easily pre-scrub it with these too.

You could knead these in a bag to I guess, and a whole lot cheaper.

I still prefer laundromats, but this method and the bucket method do both work when you're not close to town.  I add these scrubber into the bucket method too.

71CJLu8PPAL._SL1500_.jpg

Off Grid 24/7 said:
One old camping trick is to take half a dozen of the dollar store scrubbers, and put them in a waterproof laundry bag with your soap and clothes, and then shake it good.  Works really well, and the scrubbers are like 6/$100 and they're good for so many other things too.  If you have a spot that needs extra attention you can easily pre-scrub it with these too.

You could knead these in a bag to I guess, and a whole lot cheaper.

I still prefer laundromats, but this method and the bucket method do both work when you're not close to town.  I add these scrubber into the bucket method too.

71CJLu8PPAL._SL1500_.jpg
I hope you mean 6/$1... ;)

I am thinking about making a bucket washing machine. I like the idea of the scrubba, but I think a trip to lowes could yield something just as good for far less.

I met the inventor last summer at the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City. It's a great product for what it's designed for (i.e., backpacking and lightweight international traveling), but I think a bucket and plunger would be better for van dwelling (it's what I've got for my planned trip).