The Obscure Music thread

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SternWake

Reaction score
A few years back a friend introduced me to some Underground music, From 1970's Zambia called Zamrock.

Blew my mind such good music never seemed to make it across the Atlantic until the Advent of you tube, and It sent me on a search far and wide for other African Gems, and I found plenty.

While this particular band is from Ghana, and is considered to be 'High Life' music, and absolutely requires speakers capable of reproducing bass( not laptop speakers), and the recording quality is sub par, I have to say, I got to say, screw modern Pop music.

[video=youtube]

And along an Electrical theme.

You got a poor connection:

ZamRock.

[video=youtube]

Psychedelic Fuzz Guitar

[video=youtube]

Only song on this album I dont like is 'Kale'

Too many Zamrock songs worthy of blowing a gasket listening to at too much volume

, but here instead is some Afro Cubano music from Senegal:

[video=youtube]

Zimbabwe.

Back When I was in Durban, parking my VW Kombi in a Hostel by the Indian Ocean, there was a Maid named Victoria.  I believe she was  Matabele.  I played this song on the very capable Hostel stereo and She went  absolutely Nuts, dancing around the Hostel.  I copied my tape and gave her the original.

[video=youtube]

I've been listening to a lot of Two Steps From Hell....Pandora introduced me to them. No, they are not a metal band like their name suggests but technically a production company that does a lot of epic sound tracks.

[video=youtube]

SÁMI FOLK MUSIC | Máddji - "Dawn Light"

[video=youtube]

Alison Helzer-Gaelic Song - Fear a Bhàta

[video=youtube]

I dig the Gaelic music.

No disrepect to Marvin or Creedence,

but I hear it in the bass line

[video=youtube]

The Slits.........................I once worked with an all girl band. It was fun , 3 weeks out of 4.
Sorry but true story !
LOTS of obscure music in my catalog (IE stuck in my head forever from performance hangover)....check out a band called Bow Wow Wow "I Want Candy"
I'll post a link later for those ytube challenged .

Mother love bone,late 80's-early 90's??? band,made one great album,singer od'd,got new singer,changed name to Pearl jam and became eww

[video=youtube]

Bow Wow Wow I Want Candy link I promised

For the tiny dog crowd....
Chihuahua

(I was the guy lifting Annabella's feet up , my head was inadvertently obscured)

And if you think BWW is weird check out Men With Hats.

I've got a million , the 80s wacky rock , hey , at least I'm not posting disco !