the nomad need

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshuafarmer

Reaction score
hello everyone I am currently waiting on my ssdi claim. its been nearly 16 months and I should have answer on my claim within two more months, I had a court date 1 month ago and they said there was no work for me nationwide due to some emotional disabilities as well as bipolar disorder, last month I also rescued a 9 month old doxin/terrier mix its great to have him around it gets me outside and on a routine. I sure hope my disability goes though if so I think I have some good leads on vans. and have studied the crvl and bobs youtube videos at great lengths. I have experience with living in Utah slc so I have some idea what to expect in the desert. but for now im stuck in southern Michigan and we just got 8 inches of snow and its 20 degrees out side so I prob wont make the rtr but if its still cold up here if/when my disability comes in I guess ill get a rig and head for the desert my building skills aren't to shabby. and my health is good just a bit over weight from laying around to much. ill be sure to at least have a cot and heating source, AND WERE OFF TOO THE RODEO!!!

You should have come to the van build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the five gallon water jug freezes solid it is time to head south. I hear Michigan is very nice in the summer.

Hi Josh,

I'm originally from Midland!

Hope you find your way to a great way of life on the road!

Andrew

DLTooley said:
When the five gallon water jug freezes solid it is time to head south.  I hear Michigan is very nice in the summer.

yes michigan coastline has some very beautiful places and some great camping as well, the sand dunes are amazing with some bluffs at the coast reaching several hundred feet

joshuafarmer said:
yes michigan coastline has some very beautiful places and some great camping as well, the sand dunes are amazing with some bluffs at the coast reaching several hundred feet

I hope to get up to the UP this year. what months do you recommend for a visit there?

ANYtime in the UP is beautiful EXCEPT early June to mid-July; black fly season.

They will pick you up and carry you off and you will never be heard from again!

gallica said:
I hope to get up to the UP this year. what months do you recommend for a visit there?

fall is the best time of year in my opinion it absolutely gorgeous last fall I found a old  narrow road called the tunnel of trees u can find pics online its awesome I drove it in a car and I don't recommend a large vehicle cause the road is so narrow an the cliffs are pretty close :huh: :D

speedhighway46 said:

yeah black flies suck ive spent some time on the river in july and they have a pretty good bite as well, I always called them horse flies ouch!

speedhighway46 said:

oh your in grand rapids that's cool im in albion mi between Jackson and battle creek

Latest posts