The Nifty 250 is about to hit the road!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glennski

Reaction score
Hey all of you beautiful Van lifers out there!

My name is Glenn and I'm about to hit the road out of San Francisco on my way to Skydive Spaceland in Houston Texas. I have a 2003 Ford E -250 that I converted into a stealth campervan. I'll be living out of the van for at least the whole 2017 year, and I hope i cross paths with all you guys! Look me up on instagram @wayoftheroad250 
I've attached some pictures of my conversion to give you an idea of what I'm working with. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated for a new van guy about to move full time into my van. See you all on the road!

Attachments

• IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 69
Welcome Glenn, great looking setup!!! Enjoy the journey.

Welcome Glennski............What's an Instagram ? (joking)

I like your Chuckwagon kitchen..........I have a similar design/build

Skydiving huh?.......20+ years in a 172 but I always paid for a round-trip flight back to the ground...."thank-you-very-much".....

good luck.........doug

Yeeeeeaaah Buddy!!

#1 rule: Keep your butt clean

Your van looks great. Really fancy drawers in the back

Welcome to the CRVL forums Glenn! Very nice conversion!

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Great looking conversion!  Well done!

My only question is, do you have some way of securing your microwave and other appliances when you're on the road?  Are they bolted down, or are you going to use straps or something over the fronts?   Flying appliances during evasive maneuvering aren't exactly what you want to have going on. 

Other than that...  happy and safe travels!

Yes nice van, I wondering what type of roof vent did you go with I need one?.

Hey Glenn, your van appears to be fairly well set up already. Is that a charge meter I see? Does it have solar?
My biggest advice is to change and check all fluids before you set out, and make sure your brakes and tires are good.
Other than that, use common sense & be safe.

Looks good! How are you powering the microwave? Shore power? Generator?

xhifer said:
Looks good! How are you powering the microwave? Shore power? Generator?

I have 2 6 volt Trojan t125+ batteries wired in series to make 12v with a total of 240 amp hours. I have a solenoid so when the car is running I'm charging the house batteries off of the van. I also have a 100watt renogy solar panel. Not a whole lot of solar I know but it's been a good start for me. I have a shore power hookup that runs to my 2000w Aims pure sine wave inverter / charger as well. So if driving and the panel isn't charging enough I can always plug in somewhere ( Skydiving dropzones work great for this). 

Now when I plugged my microwave ( 600 watt) into the inverter to test it, it overdrew and the inverter shut off to protect the batteries. I don't really want to add to my battery bank in order to have enough juice to run this thing so I may just keep it in there for now and figure out what to do in the future.

Thanks for responding!

hepcat said:
Great looking conversion!  Well done!

My only question is, do you have some way of securing your microwave and other appliances when you're on the road?  Are they bolted down, or are you going to use straps or something over the fronts?   Flying appliances during evasive maneuvering aren't exactly what you want to have going on. 

Other than that...  happy and safe travels!

I've been wondering the same thing! I haven't yet found a solid solution to secure the microwave. Something will come up...

ATrucker2 said:
Yes nice van, I wondering what type of roof vent did you go with I need one?.

I have the Maxxfan fantastic fan. It works great and is quiet and was easy to install.

Hey Glennski, Fellow skydiver here. Well, its been a few years now. Only have 33 jumps in. Got my license at Skydive AZ back in 2011. Anyway, hope your able to make the RTR.

Auto360 said:
Hey Glennski, Fellow skydiver here. Well, its been a few years now. Only have 33 jumps in. Got my license at Skydive AZ back in 2011. Anyway, hope your able to make the RTR.

Good to know there's some fellow skydivers on here! I've never been to Eloy but I'll definitely be stopping in there on the way. Come make a jump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk