The Newer model F150s

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gojo

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced driving the 2004-2008 F150. I always liked fords, but, well, hah??
I was driving my wife's 2008 f150 in heavy traffic one day.  I was about the forth vehicle coming up to a red light. When I hit my brakes and came to a stop. My tires started spinning and smoking. I looked down and my foot was on both brake and gas pedal. I think the cars around me thought I was crazy or road rage, one of the two. See I wear a double E boot and it's hard for someone like me to drive these newer trucks. I never had this problem before. Their pedals are a lot closer than the older models.

gojo,
That's a pretty serious and dangerous problem to have! I'm not familiar with the Fords but I had an all too similar problem with my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500. I never did a burnout and I don't have "big" feet (size 10-1/2) but heard my engine revving as I was coming to a stop on several occasions - scared me half to death nonetheless.

I ran down to my local auto parts store and picked up a cheap set of "racing" pedals (like THESE) Got home, ripped of the rubber pads covering the metal pedals, replaced them with the shiny new fancy racing pedals. Before fully securing them down with the included nuts, bolts, metal brackets, and double sided sticky tape, I just made sure to space the new pedal pads apart and leave myself some room.

Hopefully the pedal setup in the Ford is similar and you're able to correct the gap (or lack thereof!). But I'm more hopeful that your wife doesn't have the same issue since she probably drives her truck more than you do. 

Drive safely out there!

I agree it's a serious issue. I was doing some research and read a lady just about killed her husband. She was backing up the F150 and squeezed her husband with the garage door and the truck.
My feet's not that big as it might sound, LOL,
biggrin.gif
10EE.

freerangetortoise said:
Well... perhaps you shouldn't tell your wife about that one, huh?  :p

Oh I'm sorry, you're still in the school kid section.