The new postal van looks....weird....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx2sturgis

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This new USPS van looks like somebody punched it in the nose.....

Eu8Kt91WgAkwUI9.jpgEu8K4ErXAAIL0vq.jpg

Coming to a post office near you in 2023.

Attachments

• Eu8Kt91WgAkwUI9.jpg
    Eu8Kt91WgAkwUI9.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 11
  • Eu8K4ErXAAIL0vq.jpg
    Eu8K4ErXAAIL0vq.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 21
Funky.

A driver would probably want to park it with the frontend aimed away from the sun.

It was designed to meet specific needs, none of which were about looking a certain way. Form follows function.

I'd totally rock this. I don't think I'd have to worry about anyone stealing it.

If by weird you mean "an absolutely awesome base to build a micro camper off of," then yes, I agree. Wonder how I can get one of these babies in my garage...  :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, it will most likely be like the current LLV fleet, as in they don't release them for the public. If they become unfixable, they scrap them.

Were did they get the money they have been in the read by millions for several years. They are so smart they paid 750 dollars per big box truck to remove ac so the company left the ac belt off. A good sharp knife could have done that  easy.

These vans are replacing 1994 vehicles. They have no heater or AC to speak of. The new vans are a great improvement for the postal employees, regardless of what they look like!

Vannautical engineer said:
Wonder how I can get one of these babies in my garage...  :rolleyes:

Don't forget the right-hand drive....in the mid 90's I bought a RHD postal jeep...they were being replaced by the trucks they have now...and I simply paid cash at the same counter you buy your stamps at!

If these new vans are designed like the previous postal vehicles, they might have tiny engines, loud interior noise levels, quick steering, small fuel tanks, and are not well-suited for highway use.

But I guess we will see....