The limits of my 1185 watt solar system

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost There said:
- Weight. As we age we're less likely to be able to heave those heavier bigger units around. And it doesn't matter how big and strong one is now, we should all be thinking about saving our backs from strain.
  Excellant point.  My ex boss had just bought a Honda for a K and I thought it was very nice, but he told me to move it on the work site, and it was like trying to shift a steer.  I was going to put one on a moving platform if we bought one, but two smaller ones is a brilliant idea!

wayne49 said:
My experience with a Kill-a-Watt on a switched PSW, or MSW, inverter, is that the clock on the K-a-W will be inaccurate for displaying the actual time that the inverter was supplying power.

How that might affect the energy usage values, IDK.

I am not at my base camp and do not have access to the relevant spreadsheets to give the specific differences in the time values.

Digital clocks either employ an internal time base or derive their time base from the incoming AC waveform. The clocks either count the number of peaks in the waveform or the number of times the waveform crosses zero volts. The longer zero cross time of the inverter's modified sine wave may cause double clocking, resulting in a faster clock and vice versus.