The dilettantes are starting to throw in the #vanlife towel

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a million USD and I'll keep living in what I'm in now.
Better uses for that money than throwing it away on a newer RV, newer toys, or worse, a sticks and bricks.
I am not comfortable with neighbors or staying in one place too long.

How did this thread go from some video influencers giving up on vanlife to a critique of everyone's life choices?

This is not a religion or a crusade, it is just living a different way.

One size, fits none.

1shemp said:
Denial.The river in the middle east.Nobody here would be living in a van if someone handed them a million dollars.Nobody.

True, I probably wouldn't be living in THIS van. But you'd better believe I'd still be doing plenty of traveling, and not in private jets either.

Not to change the subject, but ... Freelander said

I am staying in an RV park in Houston and driving a school bus
Good for you! School bus drivers are worth their weight in gold these days (though I'm guessing they're not paid that ;)

Morgana said:
Not to change the subject, but ... Freelander said

Good for you! School bus drivers are worth their weight in gold these days (though I'm guessing they're not paid that ;)

Well at $20 a hour it was hard to turn down. I already had most of what I needed to drive anyway, I had a Class A with Air Brakes and Passenger, all I needed was School Bus and TX certification card.

I forgot to mention the $3000 sign on bonus.