The best internet and cell phone coverage?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is no help near a tower, but if I only get one bar then it will boost the signal. I only use it when way out in the sticks and miles from a tower. Your results may be different.

For a Hotspot only, PCSforthepeople is the best option if you earn under a certian amount a year. I have had one for 3 years and love it. It is real unlimited no caps. Its 15.00 a month or pay by year is a little cheaper. It will not get signal everywhere but gets pretty close to it. I live out in the sticks in off season and it always works. I believe it is on T Mobile now. Never misses in any town. It is a non profit that does this. Can also get used laptops pretty decent price. I can run 2 tv's 2 computers and a tablet no problem.

i've had their plan for a year. it works, but it's awful slow.... i can barely run one pc on it. i ran a speedtest on it - it was abysmal. afaict, pc's for people is definitely cheap and i guess unlimited, but it's always slow or super slow...  if it were not cheap, i definitely would not be able to justify it.
so i just read their mission statement etc...seems like they help a lot of people who can't afford computers, and do a lot to get rid of dumping of computers... i feel like a heel...lol

WanderingRose said:
My one device WeBoost was under $200, and it was worth every penny.

I can use my phone as a hotspot if I wish, tho that is a data gobbler I avoid whenever possible,

Thank you!

Yes it is the pcsrefurbished. I forgot that certain hotspots are better than others. I have the alcatel. It works great 5 things at once signal is 2 of 3 bars here in sticks. Our daughter has it and had a coolpad and it was slower and she lives in town with 3 bars. She switched to an alcatel and has no problems now. If you just want to try it I think its 80.00 for the hot spot and 15.00 a month. You can get it for one month and then renew. I have had quite a few in past 13 years traveling all over and except for the 5.00 verizon hotspot conversion years ago this has been the best when it comes to price. Looks like they have a 7 day return policy on hotspot if not for you.

Hello,
I have had very good coverage over the 19 states I have traveled through with Sprint / T-Mobile 
I also have a cheap booster (purchased on ebay for $65) that works well when I am in an area with weak coverage. When buying a booster make sure it will sink to your phone/hotspot.
Good luck!