Thanks for having me

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cannedonpurpose

Reaction score
Hi I've just joined I'm 60 years old, and I've been enamored with vans almost my entire life. When I was in my early twenties I had a Volkswagen van and I must have had 20 different Chevy Ford and Dodge vans and the interim. That said I actually had one other Volkswagen van. I ended up getting rid of that when you literally had to turn the air conditioning off down shift and push it to get it to go up the hill the love affair was over pretty quick. Well right now I'm cruising in a self-converted Dodge Grand caravan, but I am trying to purchase a Chevy Astro all wheel drive we'll see anyway I have a cabin in Colorado so I'm not a full-time dweller but in a week or two I think I'll be back out on the road The weather has tempered significantly.

Welcome to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome ”cannedonpurpose” That’s a unique name, if you don’t mind tell me about it I’m too stupid to figure it out. Anyhow welcome to the forum glad to hear there’s another Van nut out there. The only reason I’m in the van is to get back into nature. I’ve always loved camping I’ve been a nature teacher and nature explorer, collector, and photographer for years and hope to continue as long as I’m alive. God bless the nomads everyone of us.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums  :)

Let me invite you to view the two links below.  The top link is to fit out a Van for simple going on the road.  Could work well for a part timer.

The second is for planning a trip and using it on the road once you are out there.  The idea is to make life easier
with loads of info and the portal of links.

All the best !