Tethering on T-Mobile (Unlimited Data Plans)

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Camper said:
I have metropcs which is owned by tmobile. The way the tethering works is that you get a certain amount of 4g hotspot data, then it throttles the speed for tethering. Your own phone data will still be full speed 4g. Pretty sure tmobile works the same way.

Hi. I am thinking of switching from Verizon to Metropcs, because of the cost. Have you been getting pretty good coverage with your Metro phone? My daughter has it, and has gotten good reception in northern California,  Hawaii and Alaska. I will be doing some extensive traveling next year, in the US, and was wondering about the coverage.
Thanks,
Marshie707

marshie707 said:
Hi. I am thinking of switching from Verizon to Metropcs, because of the cost. Have you been getting pretty good coverage with your Metro phone? My daughter has it, and has gotten good reception in northern California,  Hawaii and Alaska. I will be doing some extensive traveling next year, in the US, and was wondering about the coverage.
Thanks,
Marshie707

Metropcs uses the T-Mobile towers. If you have T-Mobile coverage you will have them. Unfortunately they have the least coverage.