tell us what your first night of van dwelling was like

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Canada some of the Walmarts are shutting down their offer of overnight parking. I didn't know this when I parked in Langley with 3 other vehicles. When the security guard kicked us out, the few of us that were there decided to go to Best Buy... busted again and we were asked to leave there to. Eventually settled on Canadian Tire and even though they had signs deterring us about overnight parking we were left alone. I'm sure it was a bit humorous looking... this convoy all driving around at 11 pm, looking for a place to sleep.

cant remember,i was like 10,68 chevy,mom,dad,myself,2 sisters and a 150lb dog,i remember it as a great time of adventure but i didnt have to worry about food or gas either

It was Jan 10, 2016 at the RTR. I bought my van Friday afternoon and headed to RTR on Sunday morning. I had gotten to the dirt road when I stopped because of horrible noises. I called Masterplumber to come help ( he and his son had looked the van over for me when they were passing through Phoenix). Turns out that when the brakes were replaced a few months ago. they had put the screws in backwards. He and his plumber friend fixed it and on I went to the RTR.
The people are wonderful! But unfortunately, I got tired and fell asleep early, waking up in the middle of the night. I didn't have my flashlight near me, it was pitch black, and I was freezing cold. So I got back under the covers until I could see, and Almost There sent someone over to show me how to light the Mr Buddy I had bought on Sunday.
I vowed never to be so unprepared again and thanked God for all the good people.

PatsyG said:
It was Jan 10, 2016 at the RTR. I bought my van Friday afternoon and headed to RTR on Sunday morning. I had gotten to the dirt road when I stopped because of horrible noises. I called Masterplumber to come help ( he and his son had looked the van over for me when they were passing through Phoenix). Turns out that when the brakes were replaced a few months ago. they had put the screws in backwards. He and his plumber friend fixed it and on I went to the RTR.
The people are wonderful! But unfortunately, I got tired and fell asleep early, waking up in the middle of the night. I didn't have my flashlight near me, it was pitch black, and I was freezing cold. So I got back under the covers until I could see, and Almost There sent someone over to show me how to light the Mr Buddy I had bought on Sunday.
I vowed never to be so unprepared again and thanked God for all the good people.

We all miss you Patsy. That was Rob, becida, that helped you.

dragonflyinthesky said:
We all miss you Patsy. That was Rob, becida, that helped you.

Many thanks to Rob, Becida. I miss you all, too. I would be there now except for a rattle in the van I need to check out. Also, I must confess that I am much less able to deal with the cold than I used to be.

Latest posts