Technomadia has signed onto a PBS show about RVers

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not that I hate the guy or that I wouldn't watch the movie because he's in it. it's just I find his drama annoying especially when I know it's BS. highdesertranger

That's how they get so many viewers, is plenty of drama/BS. Can't really engage people with banal stuff like graywater management day after day.

The Dire Wolfess

travelaround said:
Yes, I wonder, if Bob signs onto the show, would that change the minds of those who would boycott the other guy?

Bob won't be on the show...….The show is about RVers not vanners…………..The show appears to be sponsored by the RVIA...….the people who don't like "home brewed" RVs/Vans/Campers

Ahh, just the elite of the RV set? Well, there are 8,000,000 of them. Pooping in cans.

Human nature seems to be absorbed with the us & them viewpoint. I've seen it with boats, motorcycles, RVs, trucks, skin color, clothing choice, and method of employ. So it's no surprise to see it here, though where ever I witness it all I can do is move on. There's been enough "discussions" on the matter with no visible affect, so I leave in peace and it's over right then.

"Where do you poop?"

"How do you make money?"

"Can I bring my cat?"

Last I looked Technomadia was in a vintage converted passenger bus. Looks cool in the videos. 

Technomadia does have some good informational content on YouTube. They also have a public lands map app, haven't tried it yet but gets good reviews.

I can understand PBS interest. 

Too bad Gone With the Wynns are off sailing the world in a luxury catamaran they would have been a better fit all around.

Moxadox said:
That's how they get so many viewers, is plenty of drama/BS.

Technomadia are definitely of drama seekers.

Yes but they made the most bodacious lithium battery by taking apart a bunch of factory ones and strapping all the cells together! Wonder if it's still working...Why wouldn't it be....?

The Dire Wolfess

It turns out the Tesla lithium batteries might be a much better deal. Young Will Prowse just started using one.

QinReno, I can't watch videos. And forum guidelines don't allow the posting of links without a description.
PM a description and I'll be happy to edit it in.

Freaking auto correct.
My post should have read, "Technomadia are definitely not drama seekers."

Cyndi, I think you need to ask 5liver5urfer about backing up what he said.

Of all the videos I have watched while researching my van build and aspects of living on the road, I noticed That the vloggers are either Salt of the Earth, or Narcissist's with few exceptions. Just my perception.

After reading through the thread and going to YT to see Technomadia and this Nomadic Fanatic that you've mentioned, I've found a recent video of his that mentions who is going to be involved in this RV series and what segment these guest hosts will represent. RVGeeks for Class A, series team member for Class B, Nomadic Fanatic for Class C, Big Truck Big RV for Trailers, & Technomadia for RV Tech. The information available has each of these representatives of the RV community responsible for creating a five to eight minute segment to send to the series production department. Technomadia appears very comfortable in front of the camera, well spoken in content delivery, and well versed in the field for which they were chosen, RV Tech, and are the best choice to fill that spot for the series. Actually, after viewing each of these representatives that have videos available, it's clear that the series made wise choices in each area that they chose to present.

I have no idea who any of the people anyone has mentioned are.

I don't watch videos about vanlife. I don't need to. I'm am living vanlife.

:)