T Mobile's hotspot

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half_Pint

Reaction score
So I just purchased one on a prepay plan because it was time for me to get a new ISP anyway and I figured I should go with a way to get internet that would transfer over to my vanlife to come. Did I make a poor choice? I am quickly becoming frustrated with the fact that it automatically has content filtereing enabled and will not turn off, so now I have to go to a TMobile store to get them to turn it off for me. Is this a sign of more problems to come? 

Hi,&nbsp; I'm a part-timer with a homebase in Western Washington.&nbsp; Here, near my sticks-and-bricks, T-Mobile works great.&nbsp; But, on the road, I found that my traveling friends with Verizon would have coverage when I didn't with T-Mobile.&nbsp; So, I got a Verizon HotSpot to take traveling.&nbsp; I love being able to get online&nbsp;now without having to find a McD's or Starbucks or&nbsp;someplace&nbsp;else for wifi.&nbsp; <br><br>If I could start fresh right now with a cell company, I'd just go with Verizon because of their superior coverage.<br><br>Suanne

What exact type of device did you get? What do you mean by content filtering? I've known people who had T-Mobile, and cellular reception was spotty unless in a major metropolitan area. MetroPCS is even worse. I agree that Verizon has probably the best coverage relatively speaking, but Verizon doesn't offer unlimited internet data anymore to new customers. &nbsp;Only Sprint, T-Mobile, and MetrPCS offer "unlimited" internet data nowadays.<br><br>