T-Mobile - no data charge Netflix

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroad

Reaction score
Was just reading yesterday that T-Mobile will be allowing video playback on their data connection at no charge. It's only 480p (tv quality) but it will not count against your monthly data limit at all.

They state clearly that if you watch Netflix you will not be charged for the video time against data limits.

Will need to read more and see if this applies to YouTube also.

Yes I understand T-Mobile is not available in lots of areas. But they seem to be expanding. And many with planning you could find camping spots with T-Mobile coverage.

Much thanks for that information. I'm still grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited plan but as soon as I upgrade to a new phone...had my present one for 5 years, I lose the unlimited. That is unless I pay full price for a new phone and don't have to sign another contract. All the best to you.

At least with my usage, I could buy a new phone every 2 months with what I would pay for Verizon's metered plans.
BobBski said:
I'm still grandfathered on Verizon's unlimited plan but as soon as I upgrade to a new phone...had my present one for 5 years, I lose the unlimited. That is unless I pay full price for a new phone and don't have to sign another contract. All the best to you.

I wish they would. Build out there network

T-Mobile is trying to expand using new technology. Once you drive to a new area, you could activate-transfer you phone if it has great T-Mobile coverage. Check out various coverage apps to tell you what has coverage on the camp ground you are visiting.

My Verizon iPhone 5 is unlocked. And I have ran it on T-Mobile for six months. But then switched to STRAIGHT TALK on Verizon towers. I can switch back any time.

Latest posts