Swiveling FoldawayTable

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanForNow

Reaction score
I am a fan of the Adventure Van Man vlog. Brian, the host, has a new YT interview with Paula, a woman who travels in a poptop truck camper (Northstar Pine Mountain model.)

In the tour of her camper, Paula demonstrates a swiveling foldaway table which I think is ingenious and is easily adaptable for other rigs. The demo of the table begins at 10:00 minutes into the video:

VanForNow said:
I am a fan of the Adventure Van Man vlog. Brian, the host, has a new YT interview with Paula, a woman who travels in a poptop truck camper (Northstar Pine Mountain model.)

In the tour of her camper, Paula demonstrates a swiveling foldaway table which I think is ingenious and is easily adaptable for other rigs. The demo of the table begins at 10:00 minutes into the video:

Very cool swivel.  Maybe that sort of hardware can be found in RV supply stores?   I'm still trying to learn all the terms for these clever things, so I can google search them.    

In the video,  wish they had talked more about how that camper top popup worked.  It looked to me as if it must be a major production to raise and lower it, and if it's raining and can't be lifted, is there any place left to actually sleep in there?

Tussah said:
In the video,  wish they had talked more about how that camper top popup worked.  It looked to me as if it must be a major production to raise and lower it, and if it's raining and can't be lifted, is there any place left to actually sleep in there?

On the Northstar website they have a demo on how to raise and lower the top. In a storm it may be difficult to do. As for sleeping when the top is down, there is fresh air due to the opening windows. And a thermarest on the floor of the central aisle may be convenient for sleeping. I have tent camped for more than 25 years and still find my old thermarest to be comfortable after all these years.

I just found a great youtube video that shows you exactly how to build your own swivel table: