CRVL Member found a dead man in camp

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear of this both for you and the young man's misfortune.

For the rest of us there is a lesson in this to keep some windows cracked open when we are using a fuel burning
heat source in our Van's or RV's.

Glad you stopped by, NMLady! I hope you've been able to move forward from this tragedy.

I am sad for the young man and his family too.

Thanks to everyone here who's been so supportive.

There will be an follow-up on the situation on my blog on Saturday, October 22

vandella said:
Glad you stopped by, NMLady! I hope you've been able to move forward from this tragedy.

Thanks! I don't have much time to spend on the forums, but I appreciate the fact that they are available. Also, I wanted to check in, as it seemed some folks were concerned about me. I appreciate that concern too. I'm glad to be a part of this community, even if from afar.

eDJ_ said:
Sorry to hear of this both for you and the young man's misfortune.

For the rest of us there is a lesson in this to keep some windows cracked open when we are using a fuel burning
heat source in our Van's or RV's.

Yes, this is a very good part. I have seen for myself that a charcoal fire in a tightly closed vehicle can kill. I don't want it to happen with anyone else, either from charcoal or propane or any other source. Someone on my blog commented that she'd always heard to leave a window cracked if using a heater inside a vehicle, but she never knew why. Now we all know.

Lord that's horrible, glad you're coping ok
My sons are EMTs and none of them has gotten used to it, either

Sad to hear this. For both parties.

Reminds me of a "Adam-12" show they found a family dead by asphyxiation who used charcoal to keep warm...so sad to see little children in it, but that was a real life occurrence they put in the show....

I'll now debate being a campground host...Yes, I know this is so extremely rare to have happened, but still...