Swivel Seat

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KatieinKansas

Reaction score
<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">I have a 1995 Chevy conversion van. &nbsp;The passenger seat does not swivel to face the back of the van. &nbsp;Is it a lot of work to turn it into a swiveling seat? &nbsp;</span></font><div><font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">Thanks, Katie</span></font></div>

Type "swivel" into the search mode for this site. &nbsp;There are topics on it.&nbsp;

<font class="Apple-style-span" face="Arial"><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-size: small;">I found it. &nbsp;Thanks</span></font>

The seat being swivel or just plain turned around is a question many have... There is allot of people that simply just undue the 4 simple nuts and turn the seat 180 to face the rear and remount... The thing you gain by NOT swiveling is the storage between the seats which is a nice area for storage, and storage is very limited in a van... A swivle seat is a waste of valuable space...<br>

<p style="margin: 0px;">4x4,</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">It looks like you have to move the unit between the seats in order to swivel passenger side. Not a hugh problem; just asking?</p>

The seat being swivel or just plain turned around is a question many have... There is allot of people that simply just undue the 4 simple nuts and turn the seat 180 to face the rear and remount... The thing you gain by NOT swiveling is the storage between the seats which is a nice area for storage, and storage is very limited in a van... A swivle seat is a waste of valuable space... __________________ Somewhere where I wanna be, when I wanna be, and for as long as I wanna stay

Difficult for the passenger to see the scenery...Lol.

Swivel seat is nice for a partner/guest to sit and read when the other wants to lie down on the couch/bed.

We built a between seat storage unit that doubles as a console/coffeecup holder/trash can.When we want to swivel the seat, we slide the console back, swivel the passenger seat, then slide the console back. No real effort. Takes less than a minute. Seat's more comfortable than couch, gives a little more living area and a feeling of more spaciousness inside. (IMO).

front.jpg

The swivel post that bolt in place can probably be purchased for your vehicle online.

<p style="margin: 0px;">4x4,</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">You lost me on the first turn (not a swivel joke).</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">What did you mean by:???</p><p style="margin: 0px;">"I think a passenger side swivel mount is one of my most favorite upgrades, and I've lost no storage...."</p><p style="margin: 0px;">&nbsp;</p><p style="margin: 0px;">Bob</p>

Blkjak

Not sure, but could that just apply to drivers' seats?

Found this on a conversion site:
Federal Motor Vehicles Safety Standard (FMVSS) 208 was set by the Department of Transportation in 1992 to reduce the injuries caused during collisions involving van conversions. Van conversions created after 1992 must have all seating and tables locked down to the floor. Also, captain's chairs can no longer swivel. Adapters are available for pre-1992 vehicles.

After posting the comment above, I scanned the actual document above and I couldn't find anything that forbade swivel seats....

Maybe I missed it.

My '95 falcon has a swivel passenger seat from the Intervec factory.

Both my driver and passenger seats swivel - though for the driver seat it's isn't very easy to do.<br>