SUV Insurance in South Dakota

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwellerose

Reaction score
I saw another post on this subject and it brought to mind that I'd stopped pursuing getting my residency changed to SD because I ran
into a brick wall when it came to insurance.

Does anyone know of auto ins companies in SD that will insure you if you're a nomad living out of an SUV? :(

I used Geico for years with my SD license & plates, even though I was there only for one day in 8 years. Never had a claim, so didn't have any problems. Am now in AZ (lot higher insurance rate) but looked at Progressive, as they handle full-timers.

Dwellerose said:
I saw another post on this subject and it brought to mind that I'd stopped pursuing getting my residency changed to SD because I ran into a brick wall when it came to insurance.

Does anyone know of auto ins companies in SD that will insure you if you're a nomad living out of an SUV? :(

Did your efforts to get SD insurance include checking with the insurance agents recommended by one of the several SD mail forwarding companies?  I know that Your Best Address and America's Mailbox have agents that they recommend.

I'd get several quotes on insurance, as you pay it for many years.