suggestions for selling semi converted Nissan NV200 van

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I need to sell my 2020 Nissan NV200 SV van with just under 11,200 miles and a transferable extended warranty.  I was planning to convert to live in for about a year while I travel the US and then probably sell.  Due to COVID, I never got to finish it. I put in a removable floor, shore power, fantastic fan, and wheel well boxes.  For health reasons, I had to abandon my plan and need to sell fairly quickly.  Unfortunately, I'm not very computer savvy - took me awhile to do this.  I wanted to sell directly instead of through dealer since I'm throwing in alot of camping stuff, makeshift sink, insulation, etc.  Any help is appreciated!  Located in Sacramento, CA.  Thanks, Nancy

I'd call it a "light camper conversion" and advertise it like that. You could set a start price by the BB value + some $$ for your additions & work.  Then just sit back & see what happens.

I think you're gonna have to get computer savvy pretty quick. Facebook Marketplace is a good place to put an ad. Prepare in advance; take pictures make some notes about what is included, a brief description and start with a price a little more than what you need in the sale. (People tend to like bargaining down so it is a realistic strategy to go a bit higher than you need to sell it for.) Those are nice and being in perfect shape is a real positive. Try getting cash, you'll probably do the transaction at a bank to be safe. You can, if necessary, do a "take over payments" sale but that makes it more complicated for several reasons. Cash is much better.
Just my view with what information you put in your post.

You are in a great position if you have a good used van to sell. Right now the used vehicle market is very much a seller's market. Inventory is scarce. Do NOT underprice your vehicle!

I'm not in your area - I'm in Denver - but this true story I think illustrates what I've heard to be the case in many parts of the country. I'm the executor of the estate of a deceased friend. She left a car, paid for, with low mileage but several dings and stinking of cigarette smoke inside. I took it to three different dealers a couple of months ago and basically it was a bidding war among them. The winner bought the car for $20,500, which was $4,000 OVER the Kelley Blue Book value.

I wish you good luck with your sale.

Latest posts