Suggestions for a small laptop, with highspeed download/uploading?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where~the~wind~blows

Reaction score
Aside from my other quests I am in need of a new computer, been without one since April, and the smart phone is ok and has got me by, but I do need a nice small laptop....omg the radio is forecasting 6-10 inches of snow!!!! Ugh....

WOW ! In that price range almost anything will be fast...Apple or Microsoft pref?
Snow here too , Sunday night to Monday afternoon ! 6-12

The are the things that will gain you the most speed, but I'm not sure they will impact your upload/download speeds

I-7 processor
more memory
SSD drive
Graphics card with 2 gigs of memory

Bob

If you haven't bought a computer lately, then know they've gotten cheaper than you might expect. With a $1,500 budget you can pretty much have anything you want. Just go to a store and play around with some until you find one you like.

Your internet connection is going to affect down/up speeds the most.

Honestly you can get a surprisingly capable laptop these days for under $500. If you really want to drop $1500 though I also recommend getting an Apple. They tend to give you a simpler and better experience, and the only real downside is the big price tag.

For about $1200 at Best Buy, I got a MacBook Pro and I just love it! Can't believe I had Windows for almost 25 years! Yes, you can get a POS laptop for under $500 but trust me, you don't want a POS laptop.

Mockturtle tells it like it is. I've been using macs since 1990 because my school was using them so that is what I learned on. I am glad I did ; ).

M'kay not to be argumentative but I'm just gonna have to chime in for the PC > Mac crowd. :p