• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Van Living Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sales Event of the Year...?? SOLD!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desert_sailing

Reaction score
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Having recently picked up a hightop to build out, I am putting my 1991 GMC 3500 Rally STX, 106k miles up for sale. Some starter pics and details are below. There are some progress pics  from last year in posts on this forum.. Tho I did do a bit of redo on it. Pm me for phone details.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The vehicle started out as a church vehicle and I discovered it residing in a barn.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Purchased fall of 19.. I had a thorough check up with fluids flushed and replaced. New brakes currently less than 50 miles on them. Build out started spring of 20 and wrapped up this past fall... Have not even had a maiden voyage with this one.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]A link to the standard details.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.edmunds.com/gmc/rally-wagon/1991/van/st-4515/features-specs/[/font][/SIZE]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]5 brand new Terramax HT tires purchased and placed t(Les  Schwab) end of June 2020... Less than 10 miles on them.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] Starter solar of 100 watts and 70 amps sealed. A very basic system from harbor freight.Fuse block and 750 watt inverter in place and ready to go.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Bed is a standard twin 6 inch with a2" topper... Bed has not had any funky long use.. driveway camped to test layout and  flow.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Sink with a USB faucet and ample under counter storage.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Huge storage under bed with shocks for easy access.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Ceiling, walls,floor all insulated pretty well.. had an outside temp of 20 and was 80 on the inside.... ahhh perfect!... You will need your own heater if desired... also bring your own bucket [/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Reflextix window cutouts,blackout curtains, decorative curtains and bug screens are good to go providing all the privacy you need.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Led strips along the entirety of both sides gives ample lighting and a small moveable mounted smart TV letting you stay up with your stories. [/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]This  extended length van also has tow receiver so you can put this 3500 to work.[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The frame and body are straight and rust free. A new paint job was my next project..but since I was going for green... I'll let the next owner gussy up the exterior as they choose.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Put allot of work into this. It is light and  has a solidly built interior.  Has a nice flow with plenty of space to expand if needed... by plenty I'm using the van life definition. I am ONLY selling because I couldn't resist picking up the hightop... 6'1 u know..[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]The rig is currently in SE Washington right on the Idaho border..A great place to start your voyage from. I am certain to have missed some details with this initial post... Plz ask anything.[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Thanks for looking![/font]

3_resize_39.jpg

Attachments

• 3_resize_39.jpg
    3_resize_39.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210312_110054679_HDR_resize_43.jpg
    IMG_20210312_110054679_HDR_resize_43.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210312_110108963_HDR_resize_18.jpg
    IMG_20210312_110108963_HDR_resize_18.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210312_105252334_HDR_resize_87.jpg
    IMG_20210312_105252334_HDR_resize_87.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20210312_110120629_HDR_resize_72.jpg
    IMG_20210312_110120629_HDR_resize_72.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 6_resize_72.jpg
    6_resize_72.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 7_resize_61.jpg
    7_resize_61.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 9_resize_0.jpg
    9_resize_0.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 8_resize_26.jpg
    8_resize_26.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210312_105731040_HDR_resize_60.jpg
    IMG_20210312_105731040_HDR_resize_60.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 14
Yep, I was waiting for someone to ask! Lol!!!

few questions

1. have you run for codes on the diagnostic computer (probably too old for that)?
2. Any check engine light incidents in the last 2 years (if it has one)?
3, Have you run an engine diagnostics, cylinder compression, etc.
4. Any visible evidence of leak stains in the driveway?
5. Do you have a carfax on it?

Yeah...lol... I figured a truly interested person could speak to me directly about the asking price.
I did not want the thread to devolve into a highly subjective analysis of pricing.

I think a person can figure a rough estimate and inquire further... It's obviously not sprinter pricing. The market is hot and good quality, modestly priced rigs are harder to come by, let alone a built out one...

This is a mechanically sound vehicle with great tires..new brakes, new lights and housings all round. A significant amount of the build was completed by a professional carpenter and is going to outlive probably most of us on this forum...lol

I

mattvei said:
few questions

1. have you run for codes on the diagnostic computer (probably too old for that)?
2. Any check engine light incidents in the last 2 years (if it has one)?
3, Have you run an engine diagnostics, cylinder compression, etc.
4. Any visible evidence of leak stains in the driveway?
5. Do you have a carfax on it?
I've had the rig for a little over a year and zero check engine lights during this time. I took it to my local mechanic immediately to assess all systems and a proper check up.... What that exactly entailed test wise I couldn't say but that inspection and flushings cost 500$... So.. I'm assuming he did more than pop the hood. I do not have a chart indicating pressures and readouts.

I did do a Carfax before I purchased and no negative remarks are listed.
There are no drips or leaks from underneath. Nor are there any from the roof into the vehicle.

How would you like to be contacted regard "speak to me directly about the asking price"? And would you provide your mechanic's contact info?

Yes ma'am...
I'm going to take her down to the beach this weekend, grill some grub and get some glamour shots,.
This has been the only written ad so far . I'll hit the regional listings starting Monday.