sudden onset of frightening symptoms

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DrJean said:
I'm also concerned about having to stay/stop in areas where they allow marijuana smoking.  I am SOOOO allergic to that smoke!  Don't want to see if the "medical" stuff is different as people are going to flaunt the law anyway imo.

I went to a campaign volunteer worker watch party Tuesday...and while you cannot smoke inside... after 2 hours so many had gone out and smoked and come back in all I was trying to breathe was smoke filled air from their clothes and had to leave.  I'm still  coughing and congested.

I'm sorry you and others are experiencing severe reactions to toxins in the environment. I feel blessed I don't suffer as much as some do.

I haven't bumped into mj smoke for years. Guess I've been leading a sheltered life since going off road in 2009. I look forward to meeting oodles of you at RTR and hearing your stories!

As for campfire smoke... it's depends upon which tree they're burning!

Supposedly my van won't be delivered until the end of January :D even though the build date is Dec 5th. Can't wrap my head around that.

Allergies can make you feel like you are crazy. At one time I was allergic to everything but clean air, pure water, and cotton, and the poison ivy family: ivy, wood, sumac... I could crumble leaves in my hand without reactions. Literally. Having gone through many allergists as a child, they shotted me up for what mom could afford and told me to avoid those things which meant I doubled up on the other things and then became allergic to them, too. (foods inhalents contact)... It wasn't until an MD using a derivative of the Lees-Miller technique came into my life when I was dying...and saved my life. No one does it nowdays because it cures you (well for over 30 years for me...) and they don't have repeat patients I guess. :( One woman who was also "brittle" like me would have heart attacks from her allergies. Two siblings from up north were deaf until they had him test and treat their allergies. One hears perfectly now, the other has one hearing aid.

I think everyone has sensitivities. For foods, it's worse because they play with the way God made food...and the body just reacts (take gluten, for instance...)

But the symptoms can be frightening... mine always go to airway closure (right after terrible throat & ear itching)... AND I have paradoxical reactions to medications...so I can't take epinephrine and am even allergic to my own nor-epinephrine for example. Yeah, I am looking forward to a simpler lifestyle on the road... but?

found this: http://alternative-doctor.com/allergydotcom/testing.htm

Provocation-Neutralization Method - Alternative Doctor
alternative-doctor.com/allergydotcom/testing.htm
A modification of the Miller-Lee technique is to test substances under the tongue ... To my mind, Miller's method is an outstanding contribution to medicine.

I never heard of this. This possibly has a lot of value to many people.

I read that newborn babies come into this world with more than 200 foreign chemicals in their bodies ALREADY! Considering the number of chemicals we're exposed to on a daily basis, you might wonder why they don't have more than 200. Of course, I suppose some have more than that. And they wonder about the origins of Autism, Asperger's, allergies, A.D.D., A.D.H.D., constant ear infections, fibromyalgia, etc.

As usual, profit talks and health walks.

My (now long retired) EMT didn't use the under the tongue method, and indeed when I tried an allergist closer to me (at the time) he did the sublingual method and it made me sick. I had to have the under skin tests. Perhaps they use the sublingual because it doesn't work as well so they can make more money (a bit cynical aren't I? Well they deserve it! ) :D

I died at birth. Well, my mom did and they resuscitated me along with her... but I think that squirrelled my system for life? I am using epigenetics to correct everything, but really only focussing on one thing at a time.. long process. 75-98% of all DISease is caused by the mind (toxic thinking) The brain has no opinion of it's own---it creates in the body the chemicals aligning with your thoughts/fears. God made us / our bodies / to heal themselves but this requires all the necessary minerals and vitamins which we no longer get from our foods (and surely not if we are allergic to begin with!)

Glad you are doing well Ella1 and thanks for creating this thread to chat! (((hug)))