Suction-cup curtains?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganchan

Reaction score
I've been puzzling over ways of attaching blackout curtains (instead of cut-to-fit inserts, etc) onto side windows in the absence of a good alligator-clips-on headliner option. And I'm thinking now about suction cups -- I could simply secure the cups and then hang a grommeted blackout curtain from them.

Anybody tried this method?

What I did on my door window is to put a strip of self adhesive velcro on either side. Put a square of velcro on the corners of the curtain and then I can raise or lower the curtain depending on where I attach it. Works great.

IanC said:
What I did on my door window is to put a strip of self adhesive velcro on either side. Put a square of velcro on the corners of the curtain and then I can raise or lower the curtain depending on where I attach it.  Works great.

Does the self-adhesive hold up on hot days? Or would something like Superglue be better?

Actually, I only really need the curtains at night, by which time I could get the interior temp cooled down. So maybe I could just re-apply fresh Velcro as needed.....