suaoki solar generator

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RossCoe said:
The input jack is recessed and can't be measured.  I have a targus adapter kit for AC charging.  I'll dig that out and see if they have one compatible.

I believe we already established their MC4 adapter has a 5521 plug on the other end?

You are in possession of the ciggie plug for charging, didn't you say that goes into the same port as the solar one?

And the ciggie port adapter for 12V output, although that plugs into a different port while in use, can't you just see if it fits the input port without anything live?

Or visually compare them?

Or look at / try the AC charger's plug?

How's it going with the manual? I bet contacting Suaoki TS will get a link to a PDF online. . .

{I believe we already established their MC4 adapter has a 5521 plug on the other end? }  
       Yes.  Established.

{And the ciggie port adapter for 12V output, although that plugs into a different port while in use, can't you just see if it fits the input port without anything live? }
         OK!!  You win the prize for being so smart!!  The  12v cup adapter/ female receiver for the ac output ports DOES fit into the input charging port!!  :p 

{How's it going with the manual? I bet contacting Suaoki TS will get a link to a PDF online. . .}
        The only way to contact is email or facebook.  I'll try to ask via email.  
     Imgur is giving me a headache.  I took the pics.

Tried to post as attachment but were sideways and unreadable!!  :(

jKCA7SYl.jpg

NR23GuCl.jpg

OurzvHql.jpg

ukob247l.jpg

VsAW50pl.jpg

lamCGYpl.jpg

25SSDpPl.jpg

G2znQrul.jpg

> how to pronounce 'suaoki'?

Rhymes with karaoke pronounced properly

soo ah owe kee

OK here's a summary snapshot of what we think we know so far

Data points needing verification, outstanding questions flagged with string "Q? "

Suaoki model # ​S601

Storage capacity (Q? needs verifying via load test)
220Wh
claimed ​20,000mAh or 20AH
. must be using internal voltage 11V
. actually 16.7AH (16,666 mAH) @12V

_____
Internal LiPO (polymer lithium-ion) battery part # 9059156, ​
3 series @ nominal 3.7V = 11.1V internal pack voltage
actual resting range up to 3.9V (11.7V)
~ 300 cycles at 80+% DoD
do not store 100% full nor discharged
. 3.6V minimum, 40-60% ideal
pouch style battery, welding required to replace

_____
BMS protects against

discharging to too low voltage (LVD) cutoff < 2.75V

or overcharging too high voltage (OVD) cutoff > 4.2V

at internal voltages, not same as converted inputs/outputs

_____
Charge sources, via DC5521 Input port at rear

. 15V shore charger @4.5A (Q? can go higher)

. solar 15V minimum, up to 18V is OK (Q? can go higher)
. . no internal controller (Q? so 100W max?)
. . MC4 adapter optional $10, generic panel input

. 12V nominal car charger via ciggie plug included

_____
Outputs on front:

mains USA standard 110V 60Hz, 2-prong or grounded plug
via ​PS inverter, max 200W running / 240W startup/peak

below outputs disabled while charging

2x 12V DC5521 output ports (Q? actual voltage? )
one ciggie port adapter cable

2x USB 5V

RossCoe, please look at the above to see if any conflicts with your understanding.

Ball's in your court if you are willing to go to the trouble of confirming actual wH capacity, with the tools and protocol outlined in my post above #54

John61CT said:
RossCoe, please look at the above to see if any conflicts with your understanding.

Ball's in your court if you are willing to go to the trouble of confirming actual wH capacity, with the tools and protocol outlined in my post above #54

Looks about right John.  If I get the tools you suggested, I will look into scientifically testing and documenting.  Until then, I'll keep tabs on how much usage I get on various things, and how long it takes to charge via car and wall charges.  Won't be for a while for the results of my unscientific testing.  Thank you for all your efforts in helping to understand this little guy.

I feel this will work for my needs now, camping and just ordinary daily living and traveling, back up for bad weather loss of power, and even using a computer traveling in the car.  Perfect until I need something bigger and more comprehensive for a traveling lifestyle.

And be aware the best case scenario may be 300 deep cycles in total, so best to do less testing with objective results.

It's been awhile since I posted this thread. But I just ordered another piece to my puzzle of traveling power. I hope it is not a joke or piece of junk, but I took the chance on ebay for the sum of $14.68, hard to believe, for this 50 W Watt 12V Elfeland Flexible Solar Panel + Wire For RV Boat Battery Charger. If it's for real, it will arrive the first week in Dec. The seller is in the US, and it is new, so I will let you know how it goes. Also bought thru paypal for another layer of protection. I figured if it is for real, great deal, and if not only a $15 loss.

RossCoe said:
It's been awhile since I posted this thread. But I just ordered another piece to my puzzle of traveling power. I hope it is not a joke or piece of junk, but I took the chance on ebay for the sum of $14.68, hard to believe, for this 50 W Watt 12V Elfeland Flexible Solar Panel + Wire For RV Boat Battery Charger. If it's for real, it will arrive the first week in Dec. The seller is in the US, and it is new, so I will let you know how it goes. Also bought thru paypal for another layer of protection. I figured if it is for real, great deal, and if not only a $15 loss.

Yes if it works good score, usually over $100.

Went to my ebay page and this was on my purchase page with 1 item listed as being sold by seller.

"We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter."

Looks like someone made a mistake, but will honor my purchase!! Fingers crossed.

If seller gives any excuses, bail and get your refund, likely pulled as a scammer

John61CT said:
If seller gives any excuses,  bail and get your refund,  likely pulled as a scammer

Well, it took a month to sort out.  Turned out to be a fraudulent sale, just got a refund from ebay today.  It was worth a shot :)

Good news is I am up for trying again.  Same panel, different seller with 100% feedback, $45.  Still a great price.  Wish me luck.

Also, I won't make it to the RTR this year.  Hubby decided at the last minute to rent a place in Hilton Head.  I love it there, so no complaints from me.  I'll still be warm if the weather cooperates.  The important thing is I am not in the northeast for winter!!!!  Maybe next year.  Hope you all have a great time and learn lots of good stuff.  As always I will be following and wishing <3.

Same song and dance. Transaction cancelled and refunded. Getting tired of this. Happy New Year everybody. Enjoy the RTR. :)