Stopping Condensation

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randal02lee

Reaction score
I've read that cops look for condensation on windshields if they suspect somebody is sleeping in their vehicle. I was curious what everybody uses to stop that dead give away.

<p>I often&nbsp;keep a bucket of DampRid in my vehicle to help with moisture.&nbsp; You'll probably want to get a little air flow and not keep anything wet in the rig.</p>

When it is super humid, the only way to stop condensation on windows is by keeping the interior no warmer than the exterior.<br /><br />Ventilation is the only way to accomplish this

I'm at the point in my life where i don't really give a rip if the windshield gets foggy, sometimes the condensation gets so bad, especially when i cook, that i'll have to scrape the inside of the windshield, when it gets cold outside. Most of the cops around here know i live in my van, and i go out of my way to be helpful and friendly to them.&nbsp; I suspect when i get a roof vent installed a lot of the condensation will be solved.

I have a roof vent in my van &amp; still get condensation. I recently was useing my mr heater which causes a lot of moisture inside, but I turned on my portable 12v fan to circulate the heat &amp; it also cleared the fog from the windshield. Im also going to get some damp rid. Im dreaming of the day I can put a vented propane cat heater in my van.

I have the plastic vents, on my front doors, that keep rain out so I can leave the windows open, about 1/4in, for ventilation, and you can't tell they are open because the vent is thick at that point, and I have not had any problems with the windshield fogging. &nbsp;In the S/E, humidity is a real problem.

That's on thing I do recall from living back east (RI) that condensation is an issue in vehicles. Even moreso if you're spending a great deal of time in your vehicle. Having some ventilation may not totally resolve the condensation issue but it's a way of reducing it as best we can. But if you're in your van the weather isn't the nicest would keep condensation occurring to some degree.

Another good reason to have a panel van with no windows in the back. That, and if you could partition off the front from the back along with ventilation you would not get the condensation on the windshield, drivers, and passenger windows.&nbsp; <br />Unfortunately, both of my vans are passenger vans with windows all around. <br />-Bruce