Stealth and HOA

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People, if you don't like HOA's, don't buy in an area that has one. They have to disclose this when you buy. Don't think that they will enforce rules on others to protect your property values but not enforce rules on you.

Greetings!

This thread brings back interesting memories...

I had a friend who was in charge of selling 36 new condo's, they were all vacant, so he asked me if I could park there to ward off the vandal's they were having trouble with.

So I said sure, and he got me a couple of magnetic security signs for my van, which I still have.

So even though I didn't own a condo there, I was kind of the longest resident there. Once all 36 condo's were sold, they had their first HOA meeting, and they voted me in as president when I wasn't even there! The new VP informed me the next day, and was shocked to learn that I didn't actually own a condo there.

I declined the position, but today, 20+ years later, whenever I'm in Spokane, I have a great free parking place for as long as I want to stay. Sometimes good deeds do pay off!

Cheers!

The CamperVan_Man