[split] Ready to Roll!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzene68

Reaction score
Hi there. I’m new to the scene too. I’ve been camping my whole life but didn’t go nearly enough when my kids were younger, cuz the ex husband didn’t dig it. I’ve been able to do lots more camping and exploring for about 8 years though.

I saw a great option you may want to check out on the SUVing YouTube channel that shows a really practical and inexpensive set up by www.suboverland.com located in Idaho. They kit out older suburbans for a more minimalist camping situation. They seem really roomy and well built, as well as give you transportation and housing for 12K OR LESS! I hear that people that work for Amazon can camp on some of their property, so that may be a cool gig while your getting settled back state-side? I hope you keep us posted on what works out for you. You are the first person I’ve replied to, lol.

I have a Honda Pilot if I want to sleep in the rig or can tow my Aliner pop up trailer now! The Aliner is a new-to-me 2017 Classic with dual hard sided dormers and surprisingly comfy. It’s a cool upgrade from my 1987 Coleman Columbia really compact tent trailer. My daughter in law immediately jumped on me to buy the tent trailer when I told them about my new trailer, lol. If I plan to camp near cities, I’m going stealth with just the Honda though.

Welcome Marzene68 to the CRVL forums! I moved you to your own thread to give you a proper welcome.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.