Soooooo we went and did something.....

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderLoveJosh

Reaction score
As some of you know.. my wife and I recently bought a brand new travel trailer a couple months ago. Well after living in it, we got to feeling it was a little big for us, so we decided to trade down, and bought a van. We listed the trailer on rv trader and had it sold within a week, Bought a van the day we sold it, and are now officially van dwellers.. 

its a 2000 ford E150 conversion, we are gonna be doing a few mods to the inside, i've already started getting to work. 

For us the decision led to simplicity, not having to buy a tow vehicle, and being limited to where we can park, double insurance. We already feel more free, and cannot wait to get on the road. 

Here's to #vanlife

Attachments

• IMG_2184.JPG
    IMG_2184.JPG
    989.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 13102708_1525842677723605_2698614905716162748_n.jpg
    13102708_1525842677723605_2698614905716162748_n.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 90
I agree! The van life is better. P.S. Your wife's foot is on fire.

Nice van! Hope you two have a bunch of fun in it.

Since we're dealing with mobility issues these days, we've been contemplating a truck/trailer combo, but like you, get stuck on the tow vehicle part. We may just opt for a smaller class C and do without a tow vehicle altogether.

Queen said:
Nice van!  Hope you two have a bunch of fun in it.

Since we're dealing with mobility issues these days, we've been contemplating a truck/trailer combo, but like you, get stuck on the tow vehicle part.  We may just opt for a smaller class C and do without a tow vehicle altogether.

Now that looks like a nice, big comfortable van. Have fun in it :)

Two people in a van is a challenge. Best wishes.

MrNoodly said:
Two people in a van is a challenge. Best wishes.

that depends ENTIRELY on the people.

To some, it'll be a challenge, to some, a piece of cake

...but to some...............death and destruction!!! :(

So far we are 3 days in and still loving it! The biggest challenge so far is that we have been redoing the floor, while also living in it.. so trying to work quickly and get this done after work. But last night managed to get the carpet tore out and the subfloor fitted, now just to get it tacked down today, then we should be able to get laminate floor down this friday.

My wife and I have a 1/2 ton chevy conversion and luv it. Your 1/2 ton should get you into many secluded spots your previous setup could not...which is why we sold our little 15ft fiberglass tt last year. And for my wife and I we live full time in basically a tiny house (a 43ft toyhauler) and look forward to downsizing further into van for majority of year. The back 12 feet is an enclosed garage we use as a mud/laundry room so living in 27ft...and we are rarely a hug apart. As a poster said, "It all depends on the couple". 

: ) Thom