Soon 62 and ready to rumble

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVEarthling

Reaction score
Hello! I am brand spanking new to this forum, what led me here was the youtube vids by Bob Wells. Amazing fellow IMHO. Anyways, just wanted to be sociable and greet everyone: 61+ years of age soon to be collecting SS benefits, and considering road trip possibly full time, in process of downsizing; small truck with camper shell is all I have for camping but well supplied. Live in the SE USA, and prefer to travel southern states but west is also a possibility.

Welcome Earthling to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Welcome. If you can possibly do it, push off when you start collecting SS as far as possible. Your monthly payments are higher, the longer you wait, and they go on all the way down the line. Whatever you lock in is what you get, except for very small COLA increases.