Some Home depots let's dogs in

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yogidog

Reaction score
I had no idea, pit bull went.walking by I asked clerk she said yes and they even have a pig and bird.that come in!
I guess.some Macy's, pottery Barn, some.lowes, bass pro and a few others do too!

I love dogs, but I don't necessarily want to see them in retail stores. Here in Southern california, taking a dog into a store seems to be just another way of proclaiming one's overinflated sense of self importance, and that they are soooo OMG special, the rules and laws do not apply to them.

Now anything can be called a service dog, apparently.

We often see dogs (mostly small) in Lowe's, HD, Wally's, and other stores.
I use the electric handicarts and Bindi rides at my feet on her little rug. Most people don't even notice her there.

I grew up on a farm.  As long as the pet is not on the table, I do not have a problem with it.

South Florida has a number of people carrying little dogs around with them as well. Apparently you can go online and get a "comfort animal" certificate for $30. I'm not sure how I feel about it but generally don't care as long as it has the right temperament.

SternWake said:
I love dogs, but I don't necessarily want to see them in retail stores.  Here in Southern california, taking a dog into a store seems to be just another way of proclaiming one's overinflated sense of self importance, and that they are soooo OMG  special, the rules and laws do not apply to them.

Now anything can be called a service dog, apparently.

I was in a bar a couple nights ago and people were bringing their dogs in to the tables. I thought that was a bit weird. It got worse when my compatriot began telling me that SoCal drivers are the best drivers on the road. (Part of this conclusion was her assertion that it is appropriate to stay in the left lane continuously.) It does sometimes feel that things are done here as a way for people to rate themselves by how progressive they think they appear to others.

I guess I wouldn't be bothered by a dog in a hardware store though.

TMG51 said:
 It does sometimes feel that things are done here as a way for people to rate themselves by how progressive they think they appear to others.

I was introduced to a native S californian the other day, and within 2 minutes he had dropped lots of important names, and I had to listen to how much he owned, its value, and how he got the better of everybody in every transaction.

Apparently, I was supposed to be impressed and sniff his butt.

Latest posts