Solar Panel hookup

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracked down the manual for the Wanderer and found out the max. Solar input is only 25VDC so I have no choice but to use it with the two 100w panels which are connected in parallel which is kind of confusing in it’s self, seeing that the manual shows diagrams of two 100w panels in series. Enough time spent discussing all this, just going to use the the Wanderer with the two 100’s and the Rover with the one 275w. Thank you all once again, ClassC.RV ✌️

ClassC.RV.470 said:
So what you’re saying is that I should use the Rover (mppt) on the 2-100w panels that are in parallel and use the Wanderer (pwm) controller on the 1-275w panel because it’s a higher voltage panel inorder in get the most out of what I have, correct??

MPPT Rover gets the big, higher-voltage panel. 
PWM Wanderer gets the paralleled 100s.

Unless your testing shows otherwise.

Correct, after all the information and suggestions that everyone has given and because I didn’t know just how important it is to have matched panels or at least ones that were really close to being equal, it seems to me that with working with the equipment I presently have, using Two charge controllers will yield the best results. I’ll use the Wanderer 30A with the 2-100w mono panels running in parallel and use the Rover 40A controller with the 275w mono panel, both hooked up into the same 12v battery bank. So unless I’ve gotten all this information wrong or misunderstood, I can get started adding the 275w panel to my system. Once again I would like to Thank everyone for all your input and for bearing with me on this. ClassC.RV

Latest posts