So I may have overdone it with the canned goods, but ...

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Russian are the LARGEST exporter of Wheat around the world, they also are the largest exporter of fertilizer which farmers use to grow their produce so this will create a huge food shortage around the world with the sanctions put on them from the US. Think of all of the industrial farming done across America and how this will truly cause lower production without the fertilizer. Stock up!! God is in ControlQ

Gonna be an interesting year, as nobody really knows how the current war will affect the folks far away from the conflict zone, or for how long either.

Plenty of guessing and doom and gloomers riling up the populace, doesn't help to maintain our sometimes care free way of life.

But it certainly doesn't hurt to be prepared for a potential interruption to our current way of life...

The Russian are the LARGEST exporter of Wheat around the world, they also are the largest exporter of fertilizer which farmers use to grow their produce so this will create a huge food shortage around the world with the sanctions put on them from the US. Think of all of the industrial farming done across America and how this will truly cause lower production without the fertilizer. Stock up!! God is in ControlQ
Actually Russia and Ukraine together are the world's largest exporter of wheat. The single largest exporter is the United States.

1648855544978.png
Cheers!

I wonder the same thing. I know for sure if I lived in a cold place, I would definitely be prepared! Born in Caribou, Maine! :) I now live in Southern California!
My Father's family on my Grandfather's side settled Franklin County Vermont - Swanton, Sheldon, and Highgate. Right on the Canada border. BRRRRRRR. I go during the summer but NEVER in the winter!!! (ever).

:ROFLMAO:

I was in a slow line at Walmart maybe a month ago, and was entertained by the interesting conversation behind me, regarding food storage.

The two ladies apparently live in one of the local RV parks, and one was worried about storing enough food, what with all of the "issues" that we're currently facing. The other one told her that her hubby had the idea of renting a small storage unit, and storing food there for an emergency. She said they were renting the smallest one, 5x5', for $50/mo. I didn't know they had any that small.

Just an idea, if you have the option.

Another passing thought on food storage...

Home canning is a great way to store food, if you have a pressure canner, a decent water source, and a suitable stove (probably not butane).

BUT... and this is a very important "BUT".....

NEVER, EVER TAKE SHORTCUTS WITH THE CANNING PROCESS! Make sure you understand each step of the process. For up-to-date instructions, go to the National Center for Home Food Preservation at https://nchfp.uga.edu

For a good example of what can go wrong by taking shortcuts, read about the idiot Seattle attorney who nearly killed himself by trying to speed up the process while canning his elk meat.
Google "home canning leads to near-fatal medical emergency".

Note: Botulism is the most potent toxin known to science.

Another passing thought on food storage...

Home canning is a great way to store food, if you have a pressure canner, a decent water source, and a suitable stove (probably not butane).

BUT... and this is a very important "BUT".....

NEVER, EVER TAKE SHORTCUTS WITH THE CANNING PROCESS! Make sure you understand each step of the process. For up-to-date instructions, go to the National Center for Home Food Preservation at https://nchfp.uga.edu

For a good example of what can go wrong by taking shortcuts, read about the idiot Seattle attorney who nearly killed himself by trying to speed up the process while canning his elk meat.
Google "home canning leads to near-fatal medical emergency".

Note: Botulism is the most potent toxin known to science.
Botulinum. Botulism is the disease you get when you eat it.