Snooping drone shoot down.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good! BTW, those who live or have traveled near any of the severe fire areas this fall know that drones have seriously hindered the firefighting efforts. It is unfortunate that drones are sold to the brainless and irresponsible.

#8 shot, fired into the air, does not pose any danger to neighbors, and is very effective against super lightweight hobby drones with a full choke. Terminal velocity will be around 80 fps, compared to an airsoft pistol at 300 fps.

I would never discharge a firearm within a residential development if my life is not in danger, but birdshot is as safe as it gets. In a rural area, break out the turkey gun and have some fun!

USExplorer said:
#8 shot, fired into the air, does not pose any danger to neighbors, and is very effective against super lightweight hobby drones with a full choke. Terminal velocity will be around 80 fps, compared to an airsoft pistol at 300 fps.

I would never discharge a firearm within a residential development if my life is not in danger, but birdshot is as safe as it gets. In a rural area, break out the turkey gun and have some fun!

"Terminal velocity" is for an object falling to earth via gravity and air resistance.
What if you're shooting at an angle instead of straight up?

"#8 shot, fired into the air, does not pose any danger to neighbors"--a statement like this is just plain false (and scares me as well since you carry a shotgun!)

How about you stand at the end of an arc formed by me shooting birdshot at a 30 degree angle and see whether you lose an eye?

johnny b said:
"Terminal velocity" is for an object falling to earth via gravity and air resistance.
What if you're shooting at an angle instead of straight up?

"#8 shot, fired into the air, does not pose any danger to neighbors"--a statement like this is just plain false (and scares me as well since you carry a shotgun!)

How about you stand at the end of an arc formed by me shooting birdshot at a 30 degree angle and see whether you lose an eye?

There's a reason why skeet ranges can be located in populated areas. Small birdshot is very un-aerodynamic. It loses over three quarters of its kinetic energy in 40 yards.

There are numerous reports of hunters raining shot on each other while duck hunting. The spent pellets are about as damaging as hail when they land.

If you insist, I could take a large paper target to the range and drop birdshot onto it from a 30 degree angle.

Latest posts