SMOKY MOUNTAIN'S (NC) - Private Gathering - June 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am interested. Don't know the area well enough to make recommendations though.

Let's have a meet and greet (with good southern cooking) the second weekend of July.

No meetings, no programs, no displays, no events, no work).

Just a simple get-together.

(I'll be doing some fishing too)

2nd week in July is good for me. I'll be traveling down I-77 from SE Ohio.

Richard

Riverman said:
I am not out, but June is out for me though. July looks good. You may start a new thread if you have a plan.

Ok. Let's just move the date to July. Someone mentioned the second weekend. I should be good for that if nothing comes up.

I mentioned the second weekend in July and will stick with that, except for sickness, etc..

Once I know what size group camp site I can get for that weekend, then I will send out info by PM to anyone interested.

Camp sites are expensive in NC... $40 a night is cheap. Sorry, but this is not a free weekend.

You might find something less costly on your own.

Thanks

Riverman said:
I mentioned the second weekend in July and will stick with that, except for sickness, etc..

Once I know what size group camp site I can get for that weekend, then I will send out info by PM to anyone interested.

Camp sites are expensive in NC... $40 a night is cheap.  Sorry, but this is not a free weekend.

You might find something less costly on your own.

Thanks

Good point there.

Think I have found a group camp site for $10 per night each.

Will know more when I go to the mountains next week.

Riverman said:
Think I have found a group camp site for $10 per night each.  

Will know more when I go to the mountains next week.

I'm definitely interested, so keep me on your PM list :)

Just saw this thread! Put us on the list! I think we should be able to make it...

I'm just hoping the heat is not too bad by then, lol!

Btw, a weekend before or after the 4th would be less crowded and easier to accommodate?

Thx for suggesting this event!!!

This is the second weekend in July (13-14-15) .

Actually, Friday and Saturday nights.

Arrive at noon Friday until noon Sunday.

I'm subscribed to this thread but do add me to a PM list to confirm a July date. It should be fun, and I can use some fishing tips too.

It seems like a long time until July, but the countdown clock keeps on ticking.

There's nothing better than a good friend... here's your chance to meet some good friend's that can last you a lifetime.

The campground is closed for the winter right now, but details will be posted in a couple of weeks.

Have a blessed day.

Riverman said:
It seems like a long time until July, but the countdown clock keeps on ticking.

There's nothing better than a good friend... here's your chance to meet some good friend's that can last you a lifetime.

The campground is closed for the winter right now, but details will be posted in a couple of weeks.

Have a blessed day.

I'm interested. I live in Asheville and can't go full time until January, so weekends in the woods like this help me keep my eye on the prize!

Hey DesertFemme! You should go introduce yourself in the intro section!
And if you have a build in progress or just in mind, create your build thread!

Welcome to the BEST EVER forum on the inner webbers, lol!!!
Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Welcome DesertFemme, to the forum.

WE all will have a great time at the Smokie's in July. Lots of good food too.

No alcohol for me though... the strongest drink I consume is Dr. Pepper.

Will the date and time be announced on this thread or do I have to sign up for a PM?

Dates are listed above...

This is the second weekend in July (13-14-15) .

Actually, Friday and Saturday nights.

Arrive at noon Friday until noon Sunday.

More info in mid-March.