SMOKY MOUNTAIN'S (NC) - Private Gathering - June 2018

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverman

Reaction score
We will spend a week in the Smoky Mountain's National Park (NC) the second week of June.

If any of you would like to join our small group, it would be great to have you.

More details soon...

ED

We’re near Dayton Ohio and love The Smokey Mountains. Maybe we can make it! Looking for a rig right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love to go fishing, but just riding and sightseeing is fantastic there.

Depending on how my RV repairs go...I was sort of planning a trip to Wilmington and Asheville....so, if all goes well..count me in. Please send a PM so I can hang onto your contact info.

Hello There, I am a part time van dweller, moving from Albuquerque NM back east in May. I also fish, and like small gatherings much better than big ones. I will be about 1 hour from the smokies when I move, and would like to attend if it doesn't get too big. :)

Any idea of a location? There are a bunch of campgrounds that I know of up in them there woods.

I like being in the national park itself, but they have several restrictions as no hookups, no generators after 8pm, noise, etc.

I'm going in a couple of weeks to look at some public campgrounds with room for a group and some privately owned land also.

My goal is to have a group of 30-guests, with details by PM.

More later.... please PM me with any questions.

Thanks

I am interested but not sure I can come, depends on dates. That's around the time the SO and I take our son to KY to spend time with SO's side of the family. We may be able to pop in on our way to or from for a few hellos and handshakes.

If I camp, I would be moto camping alone and wouldn't require much room. I will hammock camp. Depending on the location, that may put me out. Some areas don't allow hammocks. I don't tent camp, too painful. If my truck is finished by June, I could drive in.

Being new to the forum, and possibly setting out solo in a few years, I'd like to meet others.

I might still be in the vicinity at that time, and if so would enjoy meeting others!

I'm not far from there at all. My family used to spend several weeks a year there or on the road camping. Maybe some of you will look me up while you're nearby if you need to a spot. I live north of there nearish Boone. And now that I think about it, I'll probably be in a mad rush, if I ever get into one, to finish up Goofy and hit the road.

I may be interested.  Depends on the status of my rig at that time.

Put me on that list too. Not sure where I'll be at that time but I'm on the east coast.

I am interested in attending too. Please post a firm date as soon as possible. I am planning on hosting a FREE NEVR event in the Loyalsock state forest in North Central Pennsylvania for 7 days in June or July. I need to apply in advance for a special use permit for an event of over 10 attendees.

All plans are canceled... I will be on a long trip in June, instead of being in NC.

jacks18614 said:
I am interested in attending too. Please post a firm date as soon as possible. I am planning on hosting a FREE NEVR event in the Loyalsock state forest in North Central Pennsylvania for 7 days in June or July. I need to apply in advance for a special use permit for an event of over 10 attendees.

jacks, keep me in the loop for this event.

Keep me in the loop, also.
I will be around Raleigh in the spring.

Shame to hear this is cancelled - I am based in Asheville and will be back in April. Maybe if enough people are interested we can continue to either keep this thread going, start a new one, and co-organize? Once I'm back there I am happy to do some scouting. With Bob and Carolyn spending time in this area last summer maybe they have some knowledge, something in their videos, that might give us some pointers to find a desirable location? I actually haven't followed those as I was focusing on being out here in AZ for the RTR this year.

Ok, so Riverman, the thread starter is out. There's nothing stopping the rest of us from making plans around the same area and time. Of course, Riverman will always be welcome to join if his plans change. What say the other members? Yeah, nay, may bay? should a new thread be started or continue on here?

I am not out, but June is out for me though. July looks good. You may start a new thread if you have a plan.

Riverman said:
I am not out, but June is out for me though.  July looks good. You may start a new thread if you have a plan.
I would be interested in July as well, if interest goes that way.