Simply minivan build help

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carestock

Reaction score
I am based in Arkansas with a town and country minivan. Don't have right tools for simple build; shelves and kitchenette needed. Senior female solo disabled vet with my buddy, Joker a standard poodle.

Are you on the road yet? There is a "Van Build Party" every year near Parker Arizona. This year I think it is November 8th. At this event people get work done on their Vans for free and no one is allowed to charge any money for the work. It's an all-volunteer event.

I have a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan that I have converted. If your Town & country is one of the later models, then what I did would fit exactly in your van too. Take a look at my build thread and tell me what you think.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=33524

I still hope to get help and ideas for a simple kitchenette. The space is quite deep where the rear stow n go seats stored. One day I'll come across a kind soul and get this project done. Meanwhile I'll keep watching youtube vids and try to get ideas. Oh, I also think a shelf unit to cover one of the sliding side doors will be great to have. I have a hatch tent, the napier so I can cook from the back. I never want to use my propane stove on the inside of my van. For now I just use my 9 inch step stool and a piece of wood for a platform to cook outside if there is no picnic table around. I could not attend the 2019 van build fest but maybe in 2020. Your van build is amazing.

Just ran across this build - 

I really like the idea of not drilling holes in your van! He doesn't do a kitchen, but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to adapt this idea to build a kitchen in the back.