Similar Forums?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None - I have enough time on here that I don't need to spend any more time elsewhere.... :D

reddit frequently gets mobbed by newbs, and gets a lot of low quality posts. But there are some jewels in there too.

I've been on many forums for many different subjects and this is the only one I've ever visited regularly. It's got a great group of "regulars" and I think it's moderated really well for the most part and that keeps out a lot of the undesirable stuff that eventually creeps into other forums as they grow.

I'll be checking out a few of these others for sure though, any little tidbit you can pick up can be very beneficial

Bster13 said:
I caught wind of this similar forum for folks out there exploring the other day:
http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/

What other forums related to cheaprvliving do you frequent?  Thx.

I just tried to register for the forum and got the message that my IP address or email is that of a known spammer.  Then when I clicked the part that said "contact admin" I got an email bounce back message that said:
Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain http://invisionpower.com/]
The error that the other server returned was: 550 [email protected] Relay access denied (G8)

So I guess I'll skip it.

A spammer probably had the IP for a virtual host on that hosting company's network. The spammer is likely long gone but the RBL (list of spammy IPs) entry will take a while to drop off.

skyl4rk said:
reddit frequently gets mobbed by newbs, and gets a lot of low quality posts.  But there are some jewels in there too.

Reddit vandwellers seems to be a younger under 40 crowd while CRVL seems to above 35. Just a hunch.  I could be wrong. 

I like both sites alot.

One Awesome Inch said:
Reddit vandwellers seems to be a younger under 40 crowd while CRVL seems to above 35. Just a hunch.  I could be wrong. 

I like both sites alot.

I agree, seems to be an older crowd here focused more so on living out West on open land as opposed to stealthing in a city.  I could be wrong.