Show Us Your Pet

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Queen said:
So sorry to hear about your little pup, hope the new puppy can ease the heartache a bit.

e47a8eb66285162588c479891d728d58.jpg

I am now a pet person again .... meet Scarlet, my 8 week old Maltipoo.......I am in love [emoji177].

OK, my "pet" taste runs to the weird (I used to make my living doing live animal shows for school classes, so I've kept well over 100 different species of reptile, amphibian and invertebrate including venomous).

When i started van-camping, I took my colony of Central American False Death's-Head Cockroaches along with me:

13310243364_d39fcaffa9.jpg

(How can anyone NOT love an adorable little face like that...?)

Sadly, I did not have any good way of keeping them cool in the summer, so I ended up giving them away, and no longer have them.  (sniffle)

Well, my little girl didn't make it long enough to hit the road. She was limping, and the vet said probably arthritis, so he prescribed some med. No effect, so I took her in for an x-ray, and they found bone cancer, obvious even to me. They said they could remove the leg, but that the cancer would probably metastasize to the lungs within six months. I didn't want to put her through that for so little result. I held her while they put her down.

My little foundling all grown up. Surveying her Realm. 

IMG_0203.JPG

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 25
TrainChaser said:
Well, my little girl didn't make it long enough to hit the road. She was limping, and the vet said probably arthritis, so he prescribed some med. No effect, so I took her in for an x-ray, and they found bone cancer, obvious even to me. They said they could remove the leg, but that the cancer would probably metastasize to the lungs within six months. I didn't want to put her through that for so little result. I held her while they put her down.

I am so sorry for your loss.

crofter said:
Sounds like the car is her safe place. Elmo will sit in the Chevrolet for hours when he is anxious. I just leave the door open for him and he goes in there and sits.

My dog Camo loves the truck,  he hangs out in his back seat for hours at a time.  I don't even shut the doors anymore, so he can just jump in and out at will.

Attachments

• 20161003_135145 - Copy.jpg
    20161003_135145 - Copy.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18
... My little [10 lb] girl  Pax celebrating her 5th birthday ...

Attachments

• Pax bench.jpg
    Pax bench.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 10
Retired nomad... that dog looks ready. Bet she's a handful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cammalu said:
Retired nomad...  that dog looks ready. Bet she's a handful.

... well she used to be a "handful" ... lol ...

Attachments

• 547701_3222909897081_396203342_n.jpg
    547701_3222909897081_396203342_n.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 138
Awwwwwwww!!!!!

Ok, let's see if I'm computer literate enough to figure out how to post this with an attachment of my doggies, Ben and Caroline  :D

Attachments

• Benny.jpg
    Benny.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Caroline3.jpg
    Caroline3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 12
TrainChaser said:
Well, my little girl didn't make it long enough to hit the road.  She was limping, and the vet said probably arthritis, so he prescribed some med.  No effect, so I took her in for an x-ray, and they found bone cancer, obvious even to me.  They said they could remove the leg, but that the cancer would probably metastasize to the lungs within six months.  I didn't want to put her through that for so little result.  I held her while they put her down.

I am so sorry for your loss!

TrainChaser said:

I am so sorry for your loss.
I lost my Zoe dog last October. I miss her everyday.
I recently got another pup. I do not think I could live without a dog.
Do you plan to get another dog?

Ms Linda said:
Ok, let's see if I'm computer literate enough to figure out how to post this with an attachment of my doggies, Ben and Caroline  :D

So cute!

c71c034fc36747f1d1b878b14c4ad25b.jpg

I have a couple of lap dogs to keep me company. A toy poodle and a doxiepoo.
In Ehrenberg they were nicknamed the terrorists. But I love them and they keep me company. Almost 11 months full time now and I think they have finally figured out that we are home wherever we are.

The poodle is 5 pounds and she is named Nibbana. The doxiepoo is 12 pounds and named Sequoia.

Latest posts