Shocks and springs?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And my county tax assessor claims my house is worth 50% more than market value, so we know government agencies always know what they're talking about. You want a chance to pay $25, $35 more a year to register your vehicle? They will happily oblige, because the folks who collect the fees and issue the stickers never talk to the people who write and enforce load restrictions and safety rules. "Different department, man. Not my job."

Informational update ...<br><br>I just talked with a friend in sales at a Ford dealership. Asked him the difference between a 1/2 ton and a 3/4 ton truck or van. Interesting reply. He tells me that:<br><br>1. There is a definite difference "strength wise" between the two "if" you order them as a 150 or a 250. As has been mentioned her by several others, the 3/4 ton is stronger in many areas. <br><br>2. The differences also depend up manufacturer. Fords are different than Chevy's and Chevy's are different than Dodges. Not all 3/4 tons are made the same. <br><br>3. Yes, one can turn a 1/2 truck or van into a 3/4 ton (in title only) &nbsp;by buying an upgraded license of sorts. However, this is intended for those occasional haulers rather than businesses. He did warn me that due to metal fatigue of constant heavy haulers,&nbsp;this was not recommended. <br><br>4. He also told me that those who drive a standard 1/2 ton pick-up who haul wood in the back with a 4X8 ft. box. Need to be extra careful. He tells me that if the box is loaded with wood from top to bottom and side to side, it is way past the 1/2 ton limit AND the police no this too. He tells me that having it licensed 3/4 ton will "help" in this regard. However, depending upon the type of wood, a solid load can reach upwards to a full ton.<br><br>5. Oh and one last tidbit that I forgot to mention &nbsp;... The easiest way one can see how the truck has been made is&nbsp; to look at the numbers on the side. 150, half ton; 250, 3/4 ton; 350, 1 ton. To see how it is licensed, you must look at the title / owners card. And you can license a 150 as a 250, but you can not license a 250 as a 150 for the discount.<br><br>Thought this might help.<br><br>Respectfully,