Seating

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deeporbit

Reaction score
I bought my first van a week ago today. It's a 1991 GMC Vandura conversion. The interior doesn't have any seats, only the driver and passenger seats are in there. I'm looking for seats and I'm not having much luck finding exact replacements but I did find a set of seats, and the folding bed from an 86 Chevy. Does anyone know the compatibility of the floor mounting of the seats and or bench between years of GMC/Chevy vans? I've searched the WWW and I'm stuck. Thank you for your supreme van knowledge!

I don't know about the mounting but someone here was trying to give some away about a month ago. highdesertranger

I spent some time digging around junkyards for bench seats a couple years ago and found that a lot of fullsize Dodge vans (and probably other makes) use flat mounts on their bench seats so it's a simple matter of drilling a hole in the floor, reinforcing (or just using a big washer if you're a badass) and then bolting the bench in. Because the mounts are flat, they are relatively universal.

Junkyards are a great source for seats if you don't need an exact match.

they are the same van,if the bolt holes dont line up you just have to drill a couple holes

Just being nosey, but why do you want seats? So many of us are ripping seats out to make room for other things  :D

When I bought my Chevy Express van the previous owner had stuck a bench seat in the back. Had four brackets bolted into the floor with small bits of metal bar where the seat clamped on. It looks like it was out of a people carrier type van (what do you call those in the US again?...) so it just clicks into place with a couple levers. That means if you need it out of the way you can easily remove it and roll it on out.

wait a week or 2.. someone on here- probably in your area.. will tear theirs out.. lol

Yeah, where are you?
I have the seats from my old Vandura in my dining room LOL
I'm debating whether to put them on craigslist or just drag them to the curb and hope someone takes them

mayble said:
Yeah, where are you?
I have the seats from my old Vandura in my dining room LOL
I'm debating whether to put them on craigslist or just drag them to the curb and hope someone takes them

I'm in Palmdale, Ca.

AbuelaLoca said:
Just being nosey, but why do you want seats? So many of us are ripping seats out to make room for other things  :D

I have 3 teenagers and they want me to take them and their friends to the beach this summer. If I didn't have kids I'd be seatless for sure LOL!

deeporbit said:
I bought my first van a week ago today. It's a 1991 GMC Vandura conversion. The interior doesn't have any seats, only the driver and passenger seats are in there. I'm looking for seats and I'm not having much luck finding exact replacements but I did find a set of seats, and the folding bed from an 86 Chevy. Does anyone know the compatibility of the floor mounting of the seats and or bench between years of GMC/Chevy vans? I've searched the WWW and I'm stuck. Thank you for your supreme van knowledge!

Hey deeporbit,  I've got a 1995 GMC Vandura conversion van and I'm taking my 2 rear captain seats out and my electric bed out as well.  If you are interested PM me and we can work something out.