Seat Covers & Replacing Captains Chairs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iplayguitarintheshower

Reaction score
Hey All,

So im in the process of cleaning up my conversion van to sell to get something bigger (class B)
My captain chairs and rear bench have rips and tears in the leather. Its way too expensive to replace said leather, and even vinyl replacement is like $500+ for the bad spots.
I'm thinking of patching the tears, then throwing over a nice seat cover for all seats.

I have a 94 GMC Vandura 2500 Conversion van.

What do you guys recommend for approaching this? Anything I havent though of maybe? Go to sites, besides ebay, to get seat covers for?

My experience with selling vehicles with seat covers is that people see them and immediately assume they were put on to hide trashed seats. Which in this instance would appear to be the case. If I were you I think I would just clean up the upholstery as best as possible, and for any noticeable rips perhaps sew/iron/glue on a patch, but I wouldn't use seat covers or spend crazy money on new upholstery.

Quick note about seat covers.....many cars/vehicles have airbags built into the sides of the seats and MANY seat covers make no allowance for this.
Caveat Emptor
KinA

my old truck doesn't have air bags either. except when I am in it. highdesertranger